Closing Easy Install Crashes App

Brent Lawrence

I seem to be reproducing a crash on the iPad. I open the Easy Install and without selecting anything to install I dismissed the window by selecting "Done." As soon as the window starts to close, the app crashes. I've been able to reproduce this crash several times. I first noticed it after installing the "How To" modules. Then without installing anything it just crashes.

I seem to be reproducing a crash on the iPad. I open the Easy Install and without selecting anything to install I dismissed the window by selecting "Done." As soon as the window starts to close, the app crashes. I've been able to reproduce this crash several times. I first noticed it after installing the "How To" modules. Then without installing anything it just crashes.

Crash reports are always helpful in cases like this. I haven't been able to reproduce this crash, however, the crash reports collected automatically have shown a suspicious issue when loading a library view section (like Recent Modules, Texts, etc.). Closing the Easy Install view means loading a library section view for display so it could be the culprit. It would be great to know if your crash was similar in nature. In any event I've added some defensive code for the next release that should alleviate it.

Thanks for the report.

Scott.

In browsing through the crash reports on my Mac I see no recent iAccord crash reports in the folder where they are stored. They all pre-date this most recent issue. I am also able to reproduce this same thing on my iPhone. Selecting Done in the Easy Install closes Accordance down. It does not seem to be the type of crash I experienced in the earlier releases where I'd have to reinstall the app and the modules. When Accordance closes, it picks up with the same screen as when I had initially launched the app. No harm done really, just one of those annoyances.

Archived