Import Bible Text questions

Chuck Schneider

I'm busy converting the Neues Leben Bibel from epub to Accordance and I've run into a couple of problems.

In Gen. 7:12, for example, I have the verse on a separate line as follows.

12 40 Tage und 40 Nächte goss es in Strömen.

When importing, though, I get this error:

"The reference 12 40 does not have a valid book name. The name must begin with the letters in the full book name and have enough letters to distinguish it from other books. Books that begin with a number cannot have a space after the number."

My only work around was to change the 40 to Vierzig.

The next problem occurs really frequently and I don't have a work around. The Neues Leben Bibel often has groups of two or more verses (e.g., 2-3, or 20-22). If I leave these in, I get the following error:

"The entry 2-3 is not a valid verse reference. All lines must begin with a valid verse reference for a single verse on that line. All book names cannot use a space within the name."

I've tried changing that to 2,3 and get a similar error. Is there a work around for this or do I just need to remove the -3 and leave it as 2? Will that cause other troubles with missing verse numbers?

While I am certainly not an expert in the matter, I have imported a few Bibles, some with non-standard versification. The manner in which I handled those type of situations was to just make blank verse. In your case, I would put verse 3 on a separate line with no text in it. If I recall correctly, that seemed to work OK.

• 4 years later...

While I am certainly not an expert in the matter, I have imported a few Bibles, some with non-standard versification. The manner in which I handled those type of situations was to just make blank verse. In your case, I would put verse 3 on a separate line with no text in it. If I recall correctly, that seemed to work OK.

But this looks not so nice in the Bible.

Greetings

Fabian