Bibel 2011 - Norwegian Bible Translation

tomklaus

I would love to be able to purchase Bibel 2011.

The Norwegian Bible Society (NBS) published Bibel 2011, a new bible translation, in October 2011. The translation process was started in 1999 and involved:

• primary translators
  • editorial/reference groups for each testament with experts in linguistics and bibilical studies. In addition: authors and writers of litterature (fiction, prose, poetry) to ensure readability.

Bibel 2011 has received wide accaim by both users within a wide range of denominations, but also by the general public. Since its release october 19, Bibel 2011 has been sold in approx 75 000 copies.

NBS has been laudably active in making the translation available for electronic use, even having a dedicated page on its official website featuring the vendors offering Bibel 2011 for purchase: http://www.bibel.no/...841E608801&_z=z

I know NBS wants to make Bibel 2011 available in the software used by students and thought leaders who want to study the Bible using original languages and study tools available through Accordance and similar software.

Personally, the availability of Bibel 2011 will be a great asset in my devotional Bible reading, study, and sermon preparation. Moreover, I will not have to switch to another software package in order to use Bibel 2011.

ps.

Regarding the Norwegian Bible module (http://www.accordanc...tails/?pid=NO30): Since the edition of 1930 (which is actually a revision of the 1904 translation), several other Norwegian translations have been published. The language of the 1930 edition is .... old, with almost arcane language. I would suggest offering this module for free. It feels like a rip-off to pay $30 (or even the sale price of 19.99) when you sell quality modern translation in other languages for the same price.

post-30684-0-17136200-1325406750_thumb.jpg

post-30684-0-63125600-1325406768_thumb.jpg

Yes, we are working with the Bibnle Society and actively pursuing other translations. We hope to release some quite soon.

Archived