Combined BHS+GNT

Stuart Robertson

Often after I do a search, in the ESV, say, I add both BHS and GNT to the search window. It would be great to be able to add a "combined BHS and GNT" view so that only one additional pane is required instead of two (one for BHS and the other for GNT). For many years I used Bibleworks and this is one feature that it has that Accordance could benefit from. Would others find this useful?

Yes, immensely useful. In fact this request has been brought up in the past and is a recurring one. I also hope to see this kind of module, but I don't know how high it is in the current list of priorities/feature improvements.

I will add my desire to see this as well. I too used it in BibleWorks and it is really helpful.

In Christ,

Bret

This feature has indeed been planned for a long time, and I believe you will finally get it some time this year,. No bets taken on when, though.

I believe you will finally get it some time this year

Awesome! :D

This feature has indeed been planned for a long time, and I believe you will finally get it some time this year,. No bets taken on when, though.

Glory! And, I assume, that it will also be possible to search a combined LXX/GNT at the same time? Both the Heb/Gk display and an LXX/GNT combined search would be high priority items in my book. Having written that, I realize that "my book" is just an idiom, but in my case, "my book" also refers to several I'm writing where these capabilities would have saved me hours of work over the course of a few months since I'm constantly doing GNT and LXX searches. And if "some time this year" isn't the full 362 days, it might still save me some time.

(And yes, I know, the Link command helps with the combined GNT/LXX search, but it's still two panes/windows, they have to be set to the same parameters each time (if they've been changed), and stats still have to be combined manually, etc.)

Glory! And, I assume, that it will also be possible to search a combined LXX/GNT at the same time?

An LXX/GNT combined search would be awesome!

I agree that the combined LXX/GNT search would be awesome....

Archived