"Read from here" command in the contextual menu

Guntis

When I perform word search and find what I'm looking for, I'd like to read that text in its context. It would be good to have "Read from here" command in the contextual menu which would switch back from the word search mode to the verse search mode, starting with the current top verse or the verse I right-clicked on. For example, I search for "Jerusalem", and scroll down to Rev 21:2. This is the verse I was looking for. So I'd right-click on it and choose "Read from here" and Accordance would switch to verse search mode and perform search on Rev 21:2ff, or perhaps on Rev 21 and scroll to verse 2.

Perhaps "Read in context" could be added to the right-click/contextual menu, which would then perform the same function as selecting the context icon from the palette.

Perhaps "Read in context" could be added to the right-click/contextual menu, which would then perform the same function as selecting the context icon from the palette.

It's already there under "Look up"

Well, there you go! I just always hit the context icon myself ;)

So do I!

Firstly, Look Up (at least for me) sounds more like searching something. Here I have found results, so I don't want search anymore, so I didn't look deeper in this submenu. Sorry. Perhaps Context in the first level would be better approach.

Secondly, when I click on Context there, Accordance tries to open 5 panes in a new zone. But because I already have 1 text and 4 commentary columns open, it cannot open new zone with 5 parallel text columns, and displays error message. I thought about displaying text in the same zone, the same pane, the same column.

Well, there you go! I just always hit the context icon myself ;)

Where is context icon? :/

It's in the resource pallet, the scroll with the two-headed arrow.

(Btw, how do you attach images in the forum now?)

Here you go:

Screen Shot 2012-02-03 at 12.50.00 PM.jpg

(Btw, how do you attach images in the forum now?)

Jonathan, click on "More Reply Options," then "Choose File," then "Attach this file," and then "Add to Post."

Archived