First Command key getting eaten

Ed Heckman

There's a minor bug that's been annoying me for a while, and I just realized what's going on.

The very first Command-Key action I try after launching Accordance doesn't work. It doesn't seem to matter what the Command-Key is, just nothing happens. After that first attempt, Command-Keys seem to work fine.

For example:

- Launch Accordance

- Hit Command-; to switch to Verse mode. (My default is Words mode.) Nothing happens.

- Hit Command-; again. Now it switches and I can get on with my search.

I've also had it happen with Command-Q. (Yes, very simple session with a quick lookup.)

I thought I was going crazy. "Didn't I do that? Why is it asking me about words?" Now I know what's going on and that it's not me.

Version 9.5.3 running under Mac OS 10.6.8 on a Mac Pro.

I was just making some changes in the Preferences where Accordance asked if those changes should be applied. (I hit Enter to Apply them.) I was seeing this same effect after changing preferences. I was trying out the option to Hide word highlighting.

I could replicate this if the shortcut is command x (but not command Q). It did not occur if another shortcut (e.g. command option 1) precedes the command x.

Running 9.5.3 under OS 10.7.3

Thanks, I've noticed this too, but your report gave me the impetus to investigate a bit more. This is now fixed for the next release.

Archived