Hebrew Equivalent Commentary to NT "Word Pictures"

fmcfee

I really like how the "Word Pictures" commentary explains the Greek word meanings including verb tenses, etc for the NT.....does anyone know if a similar commentary exists for the OT?....I am conservative...

Also what is the best resource to explain Hebrew idioms from a Hebrew point of view? I have several resources IVP, etc but am interested if there is something more...not the Talmud..but Jewish authors..Messianic believer would be a plus

Thanks for your help!

Frank

Frank, in regard to your first question, while there is not an exact OT equivalent to Robertson's Word Pictures (to my knowledge), check out Keil & Delitzsch's commentary on the OT. This is one of the few older commentaries I have the patience to consult and still find insights in it that I find nowhere else.

I'll let someone else take a stab at your second question.

Frank, in regard to your first question, while there is not an exact OT equivalent to Robertson's Word Pictures (to my knowledge), check out Keil & Delitzsch's commentary on the OT. This is one of the few older commentaries I have the patience to consult and still find insights in it that I find nowhere else.

I'll let someone else take a stab at your second question.

Rick,

I appreciate your reply.......I do have K&D on another program (not Accordance) and have used it....K&D can be a little "wordy" IMO...it does have some good information...thanks for your help!!

Frank

Archived