Grammatical tag search buttons? (and an extended keyboard, please!)

Andrew

I love Accordance on my laptop as well as on my iPad. What I'm looking for in the iOS version is a more user-friendly grammatically-tagged text search, like we have on the OSX version already.

Right now, if I want to drill down into, say, the Greek, after clicking the verb tag, I then have to type, e.g., part pres act ind to get present active indicative participles.

The desktop version handles this with checkboxes after introducing a verb tag

Edited by Andrew

I don't know about the keyboard, but I do know that it will not be easy to offer the sophisticated tag choices (some dependent on others) of Accordance on the iOS. We are limited by the interface, no dialogs only pop-ups with buttons or sliding menus.

An easier way to specify grammatically tagged text searches has been on the feature list since 1.0. As Helen, noted, the UI has to be completely rethought for iOS. We've made some progress towards it, but to be honest, it has not been thought a very high priority to date. Requests such as yours is what helps us prioritize missing and new features as we develop the iOS app.

Thanks for the feedback.

Scott.

There are many features that we have requested for iOS, and we understand that you can't make them all top priority. With that said, easier access to the tags would be helpful.

Adding my complete support to a better UI for grammatical tags in the iOS!

• 2 months later...

Me too!

I would love to have a better UI for searching with grammatical tags. I know that it is possible to run most searches on iOS, but I can never remember some of the commands. I know there isn't much screen space left on the iPhone and I'm not sure what to suggest to have it show.