Have Helena show up in Word documents for others?

scottgreek

Hi,

Is there a way to get MS Word documents I write which include the Helena font to have the Helena font show up when I send that document to other people who don't have it installed on their computer?

I don't want to save the document as a pdf as I want the other person to be able to edit the document too.

Thanks,

Scott

As far as I know, it's not possible. Is there a reason you're not exporting Greek text from Accordance as Unicode? Exporting as Unicode would allow other users to view the Greek in any Unicode font that supports Greek characters.

Lorinda

Helena is a proprietary font; in order to have it, one needs to own Accordance. Your best option is to export Greek from Accordance as Unicode (go to Preferences: Greek & Hebrew to set this option). When pasted into your Word document, the text will be viewable/editable by anyone with whom you share the document.

...or you could gift that other person with one of our basic Accordance packages! ;-)

For a long time, I wondered why OakTree didn't make Helena/Yehudit freely available, or sell it as an individual font package. The lack of such was a true disadvantage for users.

The question is more and more only ancient history, as now the clear solution is to use Unicode.

Joe, for some reason you make me want to forget reading these forums and take a long nap in the hammock! :D

vandy,

That pic is from a Caribbean resort trip with my partner 5 years ago, and we just booked another one for this May. I'll update my avatar at that time. :)

Archived