Moved application support location

Andrew Perriman

Perhaps unwisely I changed my user home directory under user advanced options to point to a separate data drive.

Other programs seem to work fine, but I'm having trouble installing Accordance 9.5.7 now. The installation runs but no modules are installed. This is also the case with the easy installation option.

/Volumes/Data/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules is empty, although the installation appears to have run successfully.

Is there some reason why Accordance installer does not recognize the library location?

Update: I tried installing 8.1. The installation ran, but the program didn't install at all.

Further update: following a hint in this conversation I installed under a new user and everything is now working. I'm wondering whether I can now delete the second user.

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Perriman

There are instructions for the external drive installation in the DMG when you download the Accordance installer directly from the Program Installers page. Looks like you figured it out. From our point of view, the other files that Accordance installed in the user are Documents/Accordance files, and Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. As long as you have these in your main user, you can probably delete the new user.

Thanks Helen. I've deleted the new user and it appears to be functioning normally.