User Usertool will get mixed up

martin-s

Hello there,

I have a short question: has anyone experienced the same issue. I started using user tools to prepare my sermons. Right now let's say I am preaching on faith and am going to make it a series. Therefore I created one tool and give each sermon a new Title within the same usertool. It seems to me, as the content of the tool grows it all of a sudden "scrambles" it. passages turn out to be at a different spot then I actually wrote them. This is not very helpful but I can not tell you how it happens. I just know, that after the text extends a certain length the edit window will not display the whole text anymore and that seems like the time when the problem starts.

So maybe someone knows something about it - I really would appreciate help here ....

Blessings

You do have the option in Preferences to set a block size for the user tool. See the Help for details. Basically it means you can go longer before starting a new heading/article. If your entire sermon is under one heading, you may be running into that limit.

Hi Mithril,

thank you for your help. I think that solved the issue. Do I understand it right: a user tool may basically have any length to it. I could put several sermons in one tool, as long, as I put them under a new heading and the sermon does not extend the set block size it should work fine?

THanks again ....

Yes, that should work, but do make backups of the tool in the user/Documents/Accordance files folder as any file which gets updated can get corrupted.