OTL Commentary Series

Lung

I'm new here. I am not sure if anyone has asked if Accordance is planning to get the Old Testament Library Commentary Series. I do find this series helpful to me.

Agreed. OTL and its counterpart, NTL, are, in my opinion, the best commentary series available right now. Sadly, neither is available digitally anywhere. Also, because they lean towards progressive views, there's a good chance the buying market wouldn't outlay the money for them. (It seems to me that's the primary reason Interpretation, Westminster Bible Companion, the Women's Bible Commentary, the Queer Bible Commentary, and so on aren't available digitally as well; if only a few people buy them, then it's not worth producing them.)

The Women's Bible Commentary is in production over at Logos, the Westminster Bible Companion is far from production levels but is in prepublication, and Interpretation has been available for quite some time in Logos. As for the Queer Bible Commentary i am fairly sure the only hope for it will likely be google books or possibly Kindle, but i would assume it is a low priority. I would be curious as to how close Accordance is to getting the New Interpreter's Bible,

-dan

The New Interpreter's Bible is one of my favorites too.

Back to the OTL, I just found there are kindle version of them available. But it is always better if Accordance can have them in the menu.

DWFrancis, I didn't realize that Interpretation was available via Logos. Interesting. Same goes for the Women's Bible Commentary. Thanks for the info.

I, too, love the New Interpreter's Bible. I've inquired about it before here (as well as the New Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible, which Logos is also working on) but I don't know if anything is happening with it.

I'm fortunate to own the hard copies of the commentaries in OTL/NTL, Interpretation, NIB, and Black's NT that I want. But not having them available digitally in Accordance is definitely making it harder for me to study using Accordance (almost) entirely.

I find it frustrating… NIB is my primary commentary i would love to have it in Logos or Accordance…. In Logos's world it appears to be going nowhere… No idea if Accordance is going to be getting the New Interpreter's series or not….

-Dan

• 5 years later...

I'm new here. I am not sure if anyone has asked if Accordance is planning to get the Old Testament Library Commentary Series. I do find this series helpful to me.

Now available.