utf8 user Bible import

Chuck Schneider

Some time ago, I converted my user Bible to macroman or something like that and imported it. Is there an advantage to utf8 importing that would make it worthwhile to import again with that instead of macroman?

Also, was there any change to the numbering system or do we still have to comply with the one choice of numbering?

UTF8 import is primarily designed for unicode character import. If you were importing an english (or other latin-like text), the only unicode characters were simple high ascii ones like smart quotes or simple accents. Thats probably working better as a MacRoman text. I'd only reimport as UTF8 if you have characters that weren't supported in MacRoman.

We haven't improved the numbering system just yet, but it is still on the list at some point.

Thank you for the info! I imported a German-language user Bible and the umlauts, etc, came through just fine with macroman.

However, I plan to import that same user Bible again if you allow an alternative numbering system.

• 3 years later...

However, I plan to import that same user Bible again if you allow an alternative numbering system.

Oh yes please add the alternative numbering system.