Wish List for iOS app 1.5

Daniel Wee

I think the new Accordance is a good step up. At least they've finally moved the verse selection to the top (although it should have been top right rather than top left.)

What I'd really really like to request is for there to be a different font size control for Hebrew and for Greek text. Right now the matching between English and Hebrew text is really sub-optimal. The Hebrew is too small if the English is right sized.

Also, can the preferences/setup get a button of its own?

Daniel

You can now set each text and tool's display independently and use as default as you can on the Mac. You get there through the AA button.

It's best to set the general settings first, as of course any change there will override any individual settings you have saved.

My wish list after updating app to 1.5:

1) user notes icons should be "touchable". Place user note icon next to the verse reference as note icon. Tap user note icon to open user notes in a popup, Edit button somewhere at the popup's bottom toolbar to open it in edit mode.

2) If those black toolbars were 5% more transparent, and option to set their color. I'd choose little bit darker than the text background.

3) Button to swap resources open in the top and the split windows.

4) Ability to select several words for highlighting in iOS version.

5) If I highlight several consecutive verses, Accordance could highlight them without blank spaces before the verse numbers. Would be much more uniform view.

6) Add option to disable case-sensitive search.

7) Add option to remove resource names at the top of the pane when toolbars are hidden to maximize text area. Show Bible reference as semi-transparent HUD only when I scroll verses.

8) Bible reference index along the right margin of the screen in search result list. For example, search for the word "Lord" and see how many results you'll have. I need to look up this word in Revelation. Index along the right side would give me option to go directly to Revelation.

9) Add at least 2-3 empty lines at the end of the search results list. Currently I see only the first line of the last verse in the search results list (search for "kungs" un Latvian Bible).

10) It would be nice if Accordance would remember split window position so that when I disable it and then restore, it would slide up to the previously set position, not to the middle of the screen.

11) Ability to enable toolbars by tapping on the resource name. Currently tapping on the name does nothing, I have to tap on the text itself.

8) Bible reference index along the right margin of the screen in search result list. For example, search for the word "Lord" and see how many results you'll have. I need to look up this word in Revelation. Index along the right side would give me option to go directly to Revelation.

The GoTo control works even in search mode, so you can jump to the results in Revelation. It's not quite as convenient as an index on the side, but it's equally effective (and takes up less space.)

Ok, two wishes:

1. Use the status bar space, which currently does nothing.

2. Customizable text/background colors in night mode. Gray text on a black background has too little contrast and is hard to read. Either make the text lighter or let us choose. You might consider adding in a brightness control.

Thanks a ton for that update! Finally I can take my slovene bible with me and even search it! Awesome!

Also the overall experience improved a lot. It's evident that you put a lot of work into it.

Only thing left on my wishlist is pagination I guess. Are you still planning on implementing that? Seems pretty complicated but I would really love it.

Ok, so much for today. I basically wanted to say a big thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying the update. Much easier to get around.

+1 for reclaiming the status/title bar for fullscreen reading.

Only thing left on my wishlist is pagination . . . I would really love it.

+1 for that.

However, I am quite pleased with the v1.5. It is a pretty significant step forward. Thanks !

4) Ability to select several words for highlighting in iOS version.

I am very pleased as to how Accordance responds to the user requests!

I asked for the "word, verse, sentence or paragraph highlighting, copying and pasting" and they did it in the tools. Thank you!

My wish is with regard to the same:

1. Highlight, copy or paste using pinheads of iOS so as it is not limited to words, verse, sentence or paragraph. I want to highlight, copy and paste just about anything the pinheads range. Also, not limited to tools but also with all biblical texts.

2. Dual screen support across all iOS devices with "Bible Study with Accordance" for preaching and teaching.

Thank you again in advance!

Edited by Alvin

Highlight, copy or paste using pinheads of iOS so as it is not limited to words, verse, sentence or paragraph. I want to highlight, copy and paste just about anything the pinheads range. Also, not limited to tools but also with all biblical texts.

This is VERY high on my "wish list" for the NEXT release! Thank you for a great product!

Edited by Bob Deacon
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I repeatedly long for a verse lookup history. So many times I go to a verse only to read it in more context than a popup reference screen shows and I want to go back to the verse I was reading without having to enter the reference again.

Please, please Oh please and thank you.

The quality of the app only makes us want more.

Beno

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interlinear support!

Among various requests, the interlinear option would be high in the order of things. Logos has some available on their iOS app.

My biggest request is for more text to fill up the screen in full screen mode. I've read over half the Bible on my iPhone with Accordance this year, and so this is my biggest wish.

Please Please Please add tabbed windows like the workspace on the desktop version! This would greatly enhance my use of the IOS version for teaching and preaching. Also, being able to save that workspace would be awesome!

Also, maybe I'm not using the existing feature properly, but can you make highlighting in a text work like it does in an ibook where you just clink and drag to highlight several lines of text? That would be extremely helpful too.

Thanks, you guys rock!

For His Glory!

Your brother in Christ,

Ronald

+1 for that.

However, I am quite pleased with the v1.5. It is a pretty significant step forward. Thanks !

I would add that a preference to disable and enable this (pagination) would be pretty essential. Not all of us like this and even those who do like it would, on occasion, choose to turn it off.

Edited by Greg Terry

• 2 weeks later...

It would be fantastic to have the possibility to "unlink" the scrolling of the two panes, in order to be able to see in parallel two different verses of the same module (for example: to compare Gn 1 and Jn 1 in the KJV module and so on...).

Thanks for your wonderful work!

Olivier

Accordance for iOS is excellent. Love it.

Would also love to see a true full screen mode for iOS (and for Mountain Lion for that matter). I find myself sometimes reading in the free ESV app, simply because their full screen truly takes up the entire screen and lets me focus on the text. While I'm on the subject, their interface for turning to passages is the fastest and easiest to use of any Bible app I've seen. Would love to see that in the Accordance iOS app.

Accordance for iOS is excellent. Love it.

Would also love to see a true full screen mode for iOS (and for Mountain Lion for that matter). I find myself sometimes reading in the free ESV app, simply because their full screen truly takes up the entire screen and lets me focus on the text. While I'm on the subject, their interface for turning to passages is the fastest and easiest to use of any Bible app I've seen. Would love to see that in the Accordance iOS app.

I assume you're referring to the iPhone app, since the iPad app doesn't have full-screen. I can see what you mean for iPhone, and we've had other requests not to show the location header and use the sliver of the status bar that we currently just hide. This might be worth discussing for iPhone only, but the location info is often more helpful in a book type resource, which they don't support.

The verse chooser has a nice look, but functionally it lacks the ability to select a verse (think Ps 119).

Thanks for the feedback.

Now that I have 1.5.2, I would still like to suggest:

1. Remove the module name bar in reading mode. With a single tap we can discover it if we happen to forget.

2. When two modules are open, allow the top one to close all the way. Currently only the bottom one does that. This will give more reading space, particularly in devotional readings.

I say these as an avid iPhone user of Accordance iOS.

Thanks,

Jonathan C. Borland

Ok, so here is one more wish/idea.

The more I use Accordance on my iPhone the more I wish there would be a highlights and bookmarks feature like in iBooks or the Kindle app.

As of now you can highlight verses which is nice but there is no list of highlighted verses for easy access.

Notes are nice but sometimes I just want to set a bookmark and a view where I can have quick access to all my bookmarked verses with an option to order by date (when I bookmarked it) or by books of the bible.

That would be really helpful. Let's say I read some vers I want to share with my wife later. I don't want to stop reading. Highlighting doesn't help much. I could take a note but the notes feature is not really designed for that usecase since I can't order them by the date I took the note.

Hightlighting doesn't help much either.

So right now I need to leave the app and go to my notetaking app of choice and paste the verse into it or just write down the reference.

It would be so much easier to just set a bookmark and be able to bring up a list with the most recent bookmark on top later.

BTW: I think there is a bug in 1.5.2 with notes. If I tap on the reference there is no popup like in other tools

• 1 month later...

I would still like to suggest:

1. Remove the module name bar in reading mode. With a single tap we can discover it if we happen to forget.

2. When two modules are open, allow the top one to close all the way. Currently only the bottom one does that. This will give more reading space, particularly in devotional readings.

I second both suggestions, especially first one. :-)