Printing / exporting Interlinears

Kevin Sigafoos

I created an interlinear text that I want to export or print to pdf. When I print all I get is the text without the interlinear elements. How do I print what I see in my workspace?

The only way currently is to capture a screenshot and print that. We hope to allow printing of the interlinear in the future, but it will take some work.

• 2 months later...

It may be that this post is better tagged as a "Feature Request" but contextually it fits this topic - so please forgive me for posting here.

I am a mature-age seminary student completing my first year of Koine Greek and now beginning to translate the NT for myself. As part of this process I have been working out how to export the Greek text into MS Word after which I manually place each word into a table I created which has row headings for the same elements found in an interlinear (positioned under the Greek text). The purpose of this is for me to complete each 'cell' in the table for myself and to check it against the interlinear in Accordance when I've finished my (attempt at a) translation. [FYI - I've also been reviewing various linguistic tools from SIL and other organisations that provide various [very dated] macros for doing this in Word - but they just don't work very well. See http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/faculty/cumming/WordForLinguists/Index.htm for an example].

I have recently upgraded to v10 (excellent work development team - very impressed) but am disappointed to find we are still unable to print an Interlinear - as I had intended to print this to PDF, convert to Word then delete all the interlinear entries - so effectively creating a 'blank' interlinear for me to complete.

As it seems the development team are working at being able to print an interlinear may I request some features I believe would be extremely useful for many people:

1. An ability to print an interlinear 'table' (layout, headings, formatting) but WITHOUT any of the entries (other than the Greek text itself)?

2. An ability to export an Interlinear to MS Word format (or at least an open document format or even an XLS format) with and without the entries?

3. The ability for an interlinear to use the built-in colour coding for each speech part (e.g. all verbs shown in red, nouns in blue, etc)

4. An ability to print out the standardised linguistic acronyms used for each interlinear element (e.g. Pron., ptc, nm)

I recognise that this is a challenging task but believe there would be significant educational benefits for a wide range of people looking to learn / read God's word in Koine Greek.

I appreciate your consideration of my request and look forward to your reply.

Grace & Peace

Without commenting on the feasibility or timeframe of the major programming that you are requesting, may I point out the older Language tools we offer: Parsing and Word Chart? These will print and export and are relatively customizable. The latter can be edited, and the former has options as to what is displayed. You can read about them in the Help