New Bug???

RobM

So Accordance crashed for me under the following simple situation:

Had open a Bible (happened with ESV, NAS95S, and BHS-W4), then from resource palette when I tried to open a bible dictionary (happened with two of the IVP dictionaries: Jesus and Gospels and Pentateuch). As soon as I lifted my finger off the mouse from trying to open it, the program completely shut down. This happened when I tried to open from Library window as well (I had double clicked on it there)

However, the program does not crash if I amplify to a dictionary, only when I tried to open it non-amplified.

I tried to see if it would happen more than once, and it has happend about 4-5 times for me with no change.

Is this a known problem? Or might there be a corrupted file? Please advise.

If you are on Lion and the dictionary has any images, this is probably a known bug. Try setting the preferences for all the tools to show no images inside the text.

We'll be posting the new version of Accordance that fixes this pretty soon. If you are experiencing this crash and need to view the pictures ASAP, send me a message and I can send you an advance version of the program.

If you are on Lion and the dictionary has any images, this is probably a known bug. Try setting the preferences for all the tools to show no images inside the text.

Ok. Under 'Tool Display' in the preferences I set it to 'None' in the drop down menu that I can also set the size of images... this is what I was supposed to do, correct?

Also, I did a little more diagnostic checks and found the following... First, the problem first occured with my English Tools and I have not checked if the problem occurs with other kinds of tools. For my English Tools, the crash only occurs with four of my dictionaries: IVP-Pentateuch, IVP-Historical, IVP-Jesus & Gospels, and IVP-Major Interpreters.

The crash DOES NOT occur with Anchor, IVP-NT Background, IVP-Paul & Letters, IVP-Later NT, IVP-Pocket Dictionaries, IVP-NB Dictionary, IVP-Theology, IVP-Biblical Imagery, IVP-Biblical Theology, ISBE, NIDBA, NIDCC, PhotoGuide 3, Place Names, Sites, ZPEB, Easton, BHS Latin Key, Read Me-Modules, and HCSB Bullets.

Joel,

No, I don't need anything immediately... I found this problem when I was toying around with a new workspace set-up that I could show a prospective Accordance User. While there is not really an immediate rush need for this to be fixed, obviously I'd prefer to show him Accordance and not have the program crash.

-Robert

Edited by RobM

Did the preferences reset fix the crash? It may be because these tools show an image of the cover at the top.

Did the preferences reset fix the crash? It may be because these tools show an image of the cover at the top.

No, the preference change did not fix the crash.

FWIW, I use Lion (10.7.4) and could not replicate the crash.