Easy Install and Check for Content crashes Accordance 9.6.4 under Mountain Lion 10.8

Michael J. Bolesta

Upgraded to Mountain Lion today (10.8). Check for App Update works fine, but Easy Install and Check for Content Updates causes Accordance (9.6.4) to crash. MacBook Air mid 2011.

Simple things like rebooting do not fix the problem. It is a consistent problem for me. Both actions caused Accordance to crash yesterday and today.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

Michael, I have upgraded also, and mine is fine. Not sure it is Mountain Lion

Mine is also working fine in Mountain Lion, there may be something else going on.

I thought it might be corrupt preferences, so I used an old set of preferences and the first time I got an internet timeout failure. Then it crashed again. I can send the crash log to Accordance folks if that would help. This is a problem!

Thanks.

You should also make sure you try a fresh download of the APP too…. might be something off in your copy of the program.

-Dan

You should also make sure you try a fresh download of the APP too…. might be something off in your copy of the program.

On the advice of tech support, tried trashing preferences and downloading fresh copy of Accordance. This did not resolve the issue. :(

I tried a duplicate of my Lion setup. No problems with Easy Install or Check for Content Update. Something in the change from Lion to Mountain Lion resulted in my issue. I sent the crash logs to OakTree.

Michael:

I also have a Mid 2011 Air and went through the switch from Lion to Mt Lion. I am not having the issue that seems to plague you.

When you trashed the prefs did you trash the whole folder? If not, that might be worth trying.

Two issues I have seen reported related to Mountain Lion:

1. A developer(Daniel Jalkut) believes his user's networking related crashes are caused by a bug in Advanced Network settings.

2. Did you choose to have Accordance "remember" your Easy Install password (in the login dialog)?

There have been some keychain management problems for DeveloperID signed applications like Accordance.

To Test:

• Quit Accordance
  • Run /Applications/Utilites/Keychain Access
  • search for "Accordance Easy Install" and delete
  • Rerun Accordance and try Easy Install
  • Just login without the "Save password to Keychain" option checked

Let us know if anything helps,

Mike

Edited by Mike Garrity

Mike

Thank you very much! Your url to Red Sweater suggested unchecking auto proxy discovery. That did it!

God bless you!

PS: the issue raised on the referenced blog reports problems using "Auto Proxy Discover" in Mountain Lion (Network Preferences under Advanced, Proxies tab). They suggest turning it off unless required by the network you are part of. It probably has been required at my work (I will find out tomorrow), but if so I will turn it off when checking for content updates or Easy Install. As the blog speculates, one hopes Apple will fix this. I had no problems with use of "Auto Proxy Discover" under Lion.

Hi, having the same problem. Tried reinstalling, didn't check the Keychain box, ensured Auto Proxy not selected, even tried installing without internet access (since the proxy suggested some network-related issue), no joy ... still crashing ....

Any one any other ideas? Thanks!!!!

Sorry to hear. It is quite frustrating.

You may wish to contact technical support: by email, support@accordancebible.com

Also see http://www.accordanc...are/contact.php for other options.

• Like 1