9.6.6, Mountain Lion, and Easy Install

Dan Langston old account

I had to uninstall and reinstall Accordance because, for some reason, after installing Mountain Lion, standard shortcuts wouldn't work. I created a new user (admin) and deleted the other, then everything worked great, including Accordance (under New User)

Then I downloaded 9.6.6. The timeline and ESV numbers in my library would not install through easy install due to this message:

post-31659-0-83575600-1345302437_thumb.png

I followed the instructions specifically and numerous times. I made sure that my user (me) had read and write enabled in both the folder and the accordance file

I also deleted the easy install user chain and tried repeatedly to use easy install with automatic logging in disabled.

I still get the message.

Any thoughts?

Did you try applying the new permissions to the enclosed items? Go back to the Accordance folder (~/Library/Application Support/Accordance), check that you have read-write permission in the folder itself, then use the Gear menu to "Apply to enclosed items". That should clear up any permission issue.

Yes. I tried it again, just as you said and it still prevented. Here are the screenshots

post-31659-0-54792300-1345336714_thumb.png

post-31659-0-85167500-1345336724_thumb.png

post-31659-0-91423400-1345336731_thumb.png

This is the wrong folder. The Accordance Files folder is for files you save. The ones Accordance installs are in your user/Library/Application Support/Accordance. Use option-click on the Go menu to access that Library folder.

Send me your contact info and I will be glad to help you by screenshare, or call you.

Thanks. I missed your reply somehow but the high speed support folks I talked to yesterday talked me through it and it all works now.