user tool import Scripture link

Ken Han

Hi.

I just noticed that when I import a html file to use as a user tool, all scripture references get automatically linked unless the reference is chapter only. Is this a bug or a known "feature?" For example, Ps 46:1 or Ps 46:1, 2 or Ps 46:1-3 will get linked, but Ps 46 (without any verse reference) will not get linked.

Thanks.

This is deliberate, Accordance uses the colon to help identify the verse reference.

Until that apocalyptic day when Accordance can auto-hyperlink the vast majority of scripture citation formats, you can use the contextual menu in 7.x to save some time--select the reference(s), ctrl-click (or right-click on a mouse), and choose the Bible to which you wish to amplify under Search In.

Many times similar questions have come up asking what does get formatted when importing a user tool... not just scripture links but also which html tags...

I have suggested that the Accordance documentation, which as a whole is very good and very thorough, include a list of html tags which get formatted upon import.

I put together a web page detailing through trial and error just what scripture reference formats and html tags DO get formatted. This was done using version 6, but I don't think the import libraries have changed. Here's the resource:

Accordance Import Sampler

Archived