Library Window disappears

Greg Terry

I have found that if I double click a tool in the Library window to open a tool, and maximize it using the icon in the upper right of that window then close it with CMD+w, the library or instant details windows are no longer displayed in my default desktop. Attempting to redisplay them results in a quick flash of the library window on the screen but no library or instant details window. If I repeatedly press (several times) the shortcut key for Instant Details, I can eventually get it to display and then the Library windows to display, but they take up about 90% of the screen when they appear.

If I use the minimize icon in the upper right of the tool window when maximized, it reduces it as it was before being expanded - with the Library and ID window open where they should be - as expected.

Default Desktop

post-2546-0-14619600-1345511405_thumb.jpg

Desktop after opening a tool via Library window, expanding it full, then closing with CMD +w

post-2546-0-79580100-1345511486_thumb.jpg

After finally getting the ID then Library to display

post-2546-0-02455600-1345511918_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Still experiencing this with 10.0.1.

Library and ID areas disappear when maximizing a tool and closing the tool with CMD+w

Well, yes. Command-W closes the workspace, it does not revert the zone from maximize to its previous size. This is normal and intended behavior. Now that the Library and Instant Details are integrated with the workspace, they will close as well.

Helen,

I understand that but shouldn't that close all the windows? And if not shouldn't I be able to reopen the Library and/ or ID palettes with the keyboard shortcut after that?

To be clear, the maximized tool window closes and the Library & ID window which were not part of the maximized tool screen but the original workspace. The original workspace is then displayed without the ID and Library window which were there before the tool was maximized.

When I attempt to use shortcuts for the missing palettes I see a flash of the menu bar but nothing happens - or on occasion after repeated pressing of the keyboard shortcuts, the ID or Library MAY appear but not always.

Edited by Greg Terry

Greg

I was able to replicate the behavior you described: cmd-W closes the magnified zone and ID and Library if displaced. Furthermore, the keyboard shortcuts to reopen (and the tool bar buttons) require multiple attempts to reopen either one. When reopened, ID definitely increases in size.

M

• Like 1

Michael,

Thanks for checking this out. I wasn't sure my explanations were clear.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be fixed in 10.0.2.

Thanks!