Back to the future and some more.

TCanji

First things first ... congratulations on Accordance 10!

Great project, because of great people - thank you Accordance Team!

I understand that the way how the new polished version looks and feels is also a matter of personal appeal and preference. I suppose that majority of us will need an adjustment time and a little bit of learning curve, not much though, just a pinch. Definitively a major improvement!

Now, back to the future ... please bring back some Acc. 9 features!

Yes, it may sound unbelievable to some, but I am greatly missing some features that I enjoyed in previous version so much - hopefully I'm not the only one :)!

1. I kindly ask for Instant Details availability even when in Magnifying Zone mode / tab!

Even then, I am sure many will agree, Instant Details can be a great asset, we all now how invaluable it is. Namely, in Acc.10 when in Magnifying/Zoom mode Inst. Detail can't bee seen or activated ... now please tell me I am wrong!

2. Yet another Magnifying Zone issue. As far as I can tell, once you magnify your tab, surprisingly the text in the magnified tab is positioned centrally unlike v. 9 when we had text across the whole window! Is that going to change? Am I missing something ... I really need / would really appreciate more text across the screen as it was in v. 9.

P.S.: Couple more issues.

a. After selecting my text for parsing I get the message: "There are no words to use in the selected text"! Wow. I just selected it. Am I doing something wrong?

b. Similarly, when I select and triple click on a Bible reference, I get this: "The selected verses cannot be found in the text ESV Study Bible" ... or any other reference book! Wow again. Anyone having the same issues? Hopefully it can get resolved quickly.

c. After reopening of Accordance app, I'm NOT getting my Last Session as set in Preference but just plain new Workspace?

d. Finally, I can't help but notice that new Acc. 10 has crashed on me several times - a "feature" almost non existant before!

I understand this is the start of a new era for Accordance so, together with others I'll be patiently waiting for first updates, fixes and some more goodies. Thanks!

post-30502-0-11320400-1345556576_thumb.png

post-30502-0-98835300-1345556657_thumb.png

post-30502-0-76729700-1345556721_thumb.png

post-30502-0-41630000-1345556758_thumb.png

First things first ... congratulations on Accordance 10!

Great project, because of great people - thank you Accordance Team!

1. I kindly ask for Instant Details availability even when in Magnifying Zone mode / tab!

Even then, I am sure many will agree, Instant Details can be a great asset, we all now how invaluable it is. Namely, in Acc.10 when in Magnifying/Zoom mode Inst. Detail can't bee seen or activated ... now please tell me I am wrong!

Instant details works fine with the option-click or the click-and-hold, and if you previously detatch the Details pane from the workspace, otherwise it is just hidden. Watch the podcast to see these options demonstrated.

2. Yet another Magnifying Zone issue. As far as I can tell, once you magnify your tab, surprisingly the text in the magnified tab is positioned centrally unlike v. 9 when we had text across the whole window! Is that going to change? Am I missing something ... I really need / would really appreciate more text across the screen as it was in v. 9.

This is a setting in Preferences/Appearance. If you uncheck Limit text width, Accordance won't.

P.S.: Couple more issues.

a. After selecting my text for parsing I get the message: "There are no words to use in the selected text"! Wow. I just selected it. Am I doing something wrong?

b. Similarly, when I select and triple click on a Bible reference, I get this: "The selected verses cannot be found in the text ESV Study Bible" ... or any other reference book! Wow again. Anyone having the same issues? Hopefully it can get resolved quickly.

This is an oft reported bug, fix coming today.

c. After reopening of Accordance app, I'm NOT getting my Last Session as set in Preference but just plain new Workspace?

This is working for most people.

d. Finally, I can't help but notice that new Acc. 10 has crashed on me several times - a "feature" almost non existant before!

I understand this is the start of a new era for Accordance so, together with others I'll be patiently waiting for first updates, fixes and some more goodies. Thanks!

Thanks Helen!

I figured out the cure for Instant Details ... great!

But not for the text size. Please see attach. - pref. settings.

It should work but it's not, yet again I maybe have it wrong.

I'm eagerly awaiting for the new podcasts ... as all of us do :) !

post-30502-0-09326200-1345562486_thumb.png

post-30502-0-39151100-1345562502_thumb.png

But not for the text size. Please see attach. - pref. settings.

It should work but it's not, yet again I maybe have it wrong.

Tomi, you will need to uncheck the limit text width option.

post-29910-0-75338000-1345563025_thumb.png

scriswell,

Thank you so much for pointing that out to me.

My oversight. I somehow missed that box!

I'm a happy Accordance camper ... again :)!

Thanks!

scriswell,

Thank you so much for pointing that out to me.

My oversight. I somehow missed that box!

I'm a happy Accordance camper ... again :)!

Thanks!

You're very welcome. :)