Accordance 10 has gone haywire

Randy Cue

Things have just gone haywire with Accordance 10. I no longer have access to reference tools. When I click on "Reference Tools" in the library nothing happens. If I click the triangle next to the title "Reference Tools" it point down but shows nothing underneath it. When I tried to access a commentary from "My Groups" I got the message in the attached screen shot. When I tried a different commentary, the program shut down. I have also lost the workspaces that I had created. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-31190-0-09339500-1345568486_thumb.png

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

I just noticed that all of the "Reference Tools" are now found under the "Parallels" heading of the library, but if I double click on one it shuts the program down. :(

Here is what I mean.

post-31190-0-45130900-1345568974_thumb.png

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Edited by rcue

Randy - There are (obviously) still a few bugs. When I have encountered them, I quit and restart Accordance. That has fixed my issues most of the time, and I don't mind doing it until we get a fix.

Please post back and let us know if that works.

Julie,

That did not work. Neither did a restart of my Mac. It was working earlier today, but in the middle of a session this morning, pow!

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Randy,

If you look under Greek Tools are your items that are supposed to be in Parallels there. If so I can confirm this problem. I had the same type of thing happen last night.

Tim

It sounds like there is some action that causes the Library to get corrupted. Do either of you know what happened prior to your tools showing up like this?

I guess it's a good thing I keep my Library closed most of the time or I would probably have ended up in the same boat.

Joel is smart and he'll get it fixed for us, right Joel?

Joel,

Personally I think it may have been something I did. I think it had to do with the fact that I had 9.6 and the v10 demo on my machine and when I installed v10 I chose not to let the installer replace 9.6.

My Reference Tools moved to Parallels and my Parallels moved to Greek Tools in the Library.

After this happened I backed up my user notes and user tools and deleted everything I could find on my machine that had to do with Accordance. I then rebooted and did a fresh install of v10 and everything seems to be working just fine now. With exception of the triple-click problem that you folks already know about.

In all honesty it may have been my actions and choices that caused the problem.

Tim

Randy,

If you look under Greek Tools are your items that are supposed to be in Parallels there. If so I can confirm this problem. I had the same type of thing happen last night.

Tim

It sounds like there is some action that causes the Library to get corrupted. Do either of you know what happened prior to your tools showing up like this?

Tim, I did find them in "Greek Tools" but you cannot open them from there. I found a long work around. I went to the finder and opened the modules form there. It put them in the correct categories and now I can open them from the library. There were 5 modules in the "Reference Tools" that would not open and said I needed a key to open them. Those 5 were Adam Clarke's notes (NT), Barnes commentary,Maclaren's Expositions, Wesley's Notes, and the Peoples NT. This process does not remove the modules from the wrong folder however.

Joel, I have no idea what happened before this mess occurred. But I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Edited by rcue

The 10.0.1 restored my 5 missing modules mentioned above.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Joel,

Personally I think it may have been something I did. I think it had to do with the fact that I had 9.6 and the v10 demo on my machine and when I installed v10 I chose not to let the installer replace 9.6.

My Reference Tools moved to Parallels and my Parallels moved to Greek Tools in the Library.

After this happened I backed up my user notes and user tools and deleted everything I could find on my machine that had to do with Accordance. I then rebooted and did a fresh install of v10 and everything seems to be working just fine now. With exception of the triple-click problem that you folks already know about.

In all honesty it may have been my actions and choices that caused the problem.

Tim

My experience "parallels" those noted here ... the content of my "reference tools" folder disappeared while I had the folder open. The material that was in it is scattered, it appears in the "parallels" and "reference tools" folders.

Quitting and relaunching 10 did not solve the problem. Restarting my MacBook Pro did not solve the problem. Reinstalling the 10 upgrade that I only installed hours earlier did not solve the problem, and I'm not quite ready to try to manually reconstruct the contents of the folder (my general tools folder on my Mac desktop has 194 separate tools in it ... and I'm not quite sure where each of them belongs ...) ...

If there is a better solution than relaunching each tool from the finder to make sure it works, I'm all ears. And, pardon my ignorance, but is there a folder content list that details what tools were intended to go in what folder? And, what's the easiest way to return them to their original/intended place?

Thx.

Edited by jodiferus

I suggest trying to restore the Accordance Preferences from a backup. I will be happy to help via Skype or iChat. You can send me a message with your contact info.

Hi Helen,

I don't have a backup to restore from (that I know of). I was able to get the Reference Tools back by going to the Finder and openning each module I had. That work for all but 5 and those were restored when the 10.0.1 update came along. I am still not able to download 2 missing modules that were to be part of the Version 10 ugrade that I bought. Here is a message I left on another thread about that problem.

"I upgrade from version 9 Library Premier to version 10 Essentials. Easy install says I am missing Atlas 2.2 and BHS Latin Key. When I attempt to download, it downloads HMT-W4. That volume appears in my library as does BHS guide. The two missing modules are not in my library and they do not download. Every time I try to download the missing modules, it downloads HMT-W4 . Any help would be appreciated."

By the way, here is the thread the quote above comes from.

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8275

Thanks for your help in advance.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Solution - go to Hard Drive/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Texts (or Tools as needed) and simply open all items ...

The issue is not whether or not the texts and tools reside on your mac, it's whether or not 10 recognizes them as validated ... to try it, take on item that should be where it now isn't, double click on it (which opens Accordance) and watch the screen window ... validating ...

When you open all at once 194 in my case, it went through the validation process for all those no longer resident in 10 and put them where they belonged ... thanks to Tony Lawrence (forum user) for the suggestion.

Now if I can "amplify" to work (anywhere would be fine), I'd be a happy camper.

Jodiferus

Randy: I believe we have now fixed these Easy Install issues. Please try again.

Randy: I believe we have now fixed these Easy Install issues. Please try again.

Helen,

Not quite as you can see from the screen shot.

post-31190-0-15101700-1345673037_thumb.png

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

I'm getting the same error (Memory error # -116 in procedure "GetCopyRightInfo")!

What I did was:

1. Rearranging some books in the library (used alphabetize a few times, and manually moved some in some other times)

2. At the library search. I just typed the word "p" and suddenly got all sorts of errors telling me that this and that resource is not available

3. Because it was giving me a message box for each and every resource in the library, I decided to force quit and restart Accordance rather than manually dismissing all of them

4. Accordance restarted first telling me that the Comfort Text Commentary is not available (what it was trying to open in the startup)

5. I then searched for Comfort Text Commentary and saw it there

6. Clicking to open the above I got the dreaded error

How should I go about from here?

Amy

Edited by Amy

THe reference tools are now under Parallels, and I have three dividers before the first entry of my Greek Tools which were obviously somewhere down the list earlier on...

I'm going to take Jodiferus route, since opening the Comfort from Finder seemed to fix it (though it did take a while validating it first). I'm going to do this to all my other tool modules, and meanwhile go out for a walk. :)

Amy

Edited by Amy

I came back from the walk, Accordance crashed processing the request (?too many tools) and I'm back to the corrupted library... :(

I came back from the walk, Accordance crashed processing the request (?too many tools) and I'm back to the corrupted library... :(

Amy, did you try to open them one tool at a time? That's what I did and it worked for me. You then have to go back and delete module that are in the wrong tool folder.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

I suggested to Amy that she restore her user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences from a backup (Timemachine) and apparently this worked for her. If you don't have a backup you can simply delete the entire Preferences folder, and Accordance will restore it (without your individual settings of course).

Randy: I have quite a number of Tool modules and it was rather tedious to manually add them one by one. I tried to open all at one go, and Accordance crashed - I think for the same reason, trying to open too many modules at one go. So I took the Preference Folder route...

Helen: I restored the preferences folder from a backup, and the library is not corrupt anymore. I have lost my Syntax from add parallel and I don't know if this was related to the corrupted library. After reading your post I deleted the preferences folder altogether, and Accordance did make a new Preferences folder, but still no go, no Syntax. Would be grateful if you would let me know, when you have some idea how it might be fixed. :)

Joel will have to suggest how to tell Accordance it's not installed so it will add it again.

You need to be sure to remove the Syntax preference files from both ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/ and ~/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Accordance Preferences to remove it. You *may* also need to remove the General preference file from both, but I'm not sure if thats necessary as well. Try removing just the Syntax files first.