Kerry Magruder

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:History of science
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

I know this is a huge request, but I would dearly love to have an Accordance text of Karl Barth's Church Dogmatics, using the Princeton Study Edition text. One doesn't have to be a Barthian (if there is such a thing) to recognize the enduring importance of this work for theology, on par with Aquinas and Calvin. The extensive engagement of the Church Dogmatics (particularly the fine print or Leitsatz) with scripture cries out for analysis and study using Accordance. Another platform has the e-text, but Accordance offers so much more than just an e-reader. I would be happy to contribute to the effort of preparing and marking up the text myself, gratis. It will need to be done sooner or later, so why not sooner?

PEACE
Kerry

PS: a note on the available editions:
http://okbarth.org/2...atics/#editions

#2 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,092 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

We have long wanted this title, but as of yet have not been able to acquire it.

Thanks for the request and clarification of the editions.

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#3 dgzylstra

dgzylstra

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Music (especially Canadian independent rock). Computers, comic books, my kids, my wife (this is obviously not in order of importance), reading, etc....
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:21 AM

Yes! Please, please, please do Church Dogmatics!!! It's widely recognized as one of the most significant theological works of the 20th Century, and we don't have it on Accordance! Logos has had it for a while now... If I didn't have so much money invested in Accordance, I'd be tempted to switch to Logos just for that!

Please, please, please! I'm on my knees! ;-)

#4 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:26 AM

Yes! Please, please, please do Church Dogmatics!!! It's widely recognized as one of the most significant theological works of the 20th Century, and we don't have it on Accordance! Logos has had it for a while now... If I didn't have so much money invested in Accordance, I'd be tempted to switch to Logos just for that!

Please, please, please! I'm on my knees! ;-)

We have been trying to work with the publisher to get this and other titles, but as of now we have no further news. It is not for a lack of trying, or requests. 

Thanks for the request.

Rick Bennett
iOS Working Group

#5 Fabian

Fabian

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:www.internetkirche.com
    www.iglesia-del-internet.com

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

Aber bitte uf Baaselditsch

• Pchris likes this

Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with Retina, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

Yosemite 10.10.5

Accordance 11.0.7 and waiting on 11.1

iPhone 4S

iOS 8.4.1

Accordance Mobile 2.2

#6 dgzylstra

dgzylstra

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Music (especially Canadian independent rock). Computers, comic books, my kids, my wife (this is obviously not in order of importance), reading, etc....

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:42 AM

We have been trying to work with the publisher to get this and other titles, but as of now we have no further news. It is not for a lack of trying, or requests. 

Thanks for the request.

Not to be in any way hostile or aggressive, but honestly out of curiosity: why is it that at least one other developer in the Bible Study software category has Church Dogmatics, and has had for a while now? Is OakTree at a disadvantage somehow on this front? Should I just go ahead and invest my money on this one with the other guys, because it's just not going to happen here? 

#7 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:50 AM

Not to be in any way hostile or aggressive, but honestly out of curiosity: why is it that at least one other developer in the Bible Study software category has Church Dogmatics, and has had for a while now? Is OakTree at a disadvantage somehow on this front? Should I just go ahead and invest my money on this one with the other guys, because it's just not going to happen here? 

I cannot comment publicly about negotiations with publishers, or about matters that do not directly involve OakTree. Suffice it to say that there are several reasons why we have not yet been able to license this, and they are mostly out of our control at this point. We had a great discussion with Bloomsbury (now the owner of T&T Clark > Continuum) at SBL in November and I do believe we will eventually get CD, and other titles from them. But, I cannot say when at this point. 

Thanks for the feedback and interaction.

Rick Bennett
iOS Working Group

#8 Pchris

Pchris

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Interests:Old Testament Exegesis, The Ancient Near East, the Hamito-Semitic languages, Ancient Greek, Mythology
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:04 AM

Aber bitte uf Baaselditsch

While I'm aware that most Accordance users would prefer it in English, it may be easier to obtain a license for the original text?

Edited by Pchris, 19 May 2015 - 10:04 AM.

• Fabian likes this

Accordance Version: 11.0.7

Hardware: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 (medio 2012)
Operating System: OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users