Suggestion: Multi-touch gestures for image handling

Amy

When I look at a map/image/timeline, the most frequent task I do with them is to move them around, and zoom in and out, and move them around some more, and zoom some more. That would however mean command-dragging, releasing the mouse click, move to the zoom in/out buttons, click, move back to the image area, command-drag again etc, which I find slightly clumsy. I wonder if gestures may be supported to ease the manipulation of images:

1. If two finger pinch for in and out zoom can be supported that would make it easier for users, because they do not need to move back and forth from the image to the zoom buttons for simple image manipulation.

2. At present, in addition to command-drag, a two finger drag also works but is rather jerky (only up/down and left/right is supported). If that could be better supported (smoothly in all directions) that would make moving images even easier combined with pinch to zoom.

3. I was going to ask for Adobe Photoshop-like keyboard shortcuts (H for hand tool, M for marquee tool) but that may not be necessary if the above two are supported. :)

Amy

• Like 1