Accordance Help Files

Todd Mogilner

Good Evening-

I am using Accordance 10.0.1. When I try to open the Accordance Help by going under the Help Menu, it never seems to load, like it should.

When I went to the help on the website it took a little bit but it did finally load.

I am on a Intel MacBook Pro running 10.8.1.

Please see the picture attached to see what I am seeing.

Thank You

Todd Mogilner

post-460-0-33254300-1345955875_thumb.png

We knew there were problems for the help with the pre-release on Mountain Lion but understood they were fixed. Please can you and others report with more details:

What OS version you are on.

What does the Help look like when loaded from the Help menu?

What happens when you select Window Help from the Window menu?

We may not have control over these bugs but we can report them to the company that makes the Help software.

Helen-

Do you ever sleep?

A couple of notes. I think this is a specific thing to Safari and I am using 6.0.1 (8536.26.7) and now after updating my machine to the new beta of OS X 10.8.2 the problem still exists. The problem as shown in the picture I attached to my previous post is that the contents within the help application never shows up. It never loads after going to Accordance Help and never loads when doing a search.

I tried a couple of things this morning. I tried turning off all of my extension in Safari and the problem still exists. I have cleared cookies and cache.

The other thing I did is switch my default browser from Safari to Firefox and to Google it worked just like it is suppose too.

For those having this issue: There are two workarounds:

The easiest is to go: http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/OSXV10/Default.htm

If you do not have internet connection and need to get to the help menu the workaround is to go into Safari Preferences/General and change your default browser to Firefox or Chrome.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Safari 6.0 on ML 10.8.1 works perfectly for me...

I sleep well at night, am not in the USA right now, so I get up when you go to bed.

I guess we need some other users to report the problem

I have OSX 10.8.1 and Safari 6. The help runs smooth as silk.

I have OSX 10.8.1 and Safari 6. The help runs smooth as silk.

Likewise

I guess since I am the only one having this issue. I will just use the workarounds that I suggested.

Thanks