More Citation Formats

Ronald Coleman

First of all, thank God for Accordance!

Now for my request. I am a full time student and minister and I would love to have both MLA and APA style formats available for citations. I’m sure many Bible students would find this addition to the citation feature very useful. Thanks for your consideration!

• Like 1

Now for my request. I am a full time student and minister and I would love to have both MLA and APA style formats available for citations. I’m sure many Bible students would find this addition to the citation feature very useful. Thanks for your consideration!

There are others of us that agree with you and would also like to include formating styles for copying Scripture.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Adding new styles has been on the to-do list for a while, and I think we should be able to squeeze it in for a future update. It requires research on the styles, but the actual programming required is minimal.

And, this is unrelated to Randy's request, which is also on the radar.

Thanks the feedback.

• 1 month later...

Still looking and still hoping :) !

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

I have a couple requests. Perhaps not everyone will desire them as much as I do, but they would make my life a lot nicer.

1. In the Copy as Citation format, when copying a sequence of verses the "dash" used is either an en dash or em dash. I would prefer the shorter dash (hyphen), or at least offer that as an option.

2. I was taught an abbreviation of Philippians as Php. as an alternative to Phil. When searching I continue to use the Php. only to be told that Php. cannot be found. Could this too be offered as an option?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Tony:

Excellent suggestions. More options for the citation format would be great including some user-configurable options. Some schools require a set of book names that much different than what Accordance offers.

I get caught with the Philippians abbreviation every time also. I, too, have always used Php for that book.

• 10 years later...
On 9/4/2012 at 9:38 AM, Randy Cue said:

There are others of us that agree with you and would also like to include formating styles for copying Scripture.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

@Nathan Parker

Nathan here is one of the threads I referred to.