Removing and Easily Updating Workspaces

scriswell

I've tried to remove a few workspace files from the 'Accordance Files' directory under 'Documents' but they still show up in the Workspaces menu on the application toolbar. I would like the ability to easily remove and update existing workspaces from the 'Workspaces' tool within the toolbar. I don't see a way to do that currently. Having workspaces for 'Simple Construct' and 'Theme Sampler' are great for new users but eventually they just clutter the list of options. Also, having made several workspaces I tend to want to tweak them over time with the ability to visually update them so that I know they've been saved for future use.

You can remove them from the Library window which controls all the pop-up menus of modules.

Thanks Helen! I didn't even think to do this. I wonder if we can add an interface to manage these from the toolbar item itself sometime in the future?

• 7 months later...

I have found myself with the same question as Scott. I have found the listing of workspaces in the library menu, but the "Remove Item" option in the menu is always greyed out. In fact, none of the commands in that menu "Add Folder," "Add Divider," etc.) seem to work. And those two commands are actually present. Only the "Remove Item" is greyed. Is there a quick way to fix this, or should I call tech support?

I have found myself with the same question as Scott. I have found the listing of workspaces in the library menu, but the "Remove Item" option in the menu is always greyed out. In fact, none of the commands in that menu "Add Folder," "Add Divider," etc.) seem to work. And those two commands are actually present. Only the "Remove Item" is greyed. Is there a quick way to fix this, or should I call tech support?

Are you saying that when you "Control Click" on a workspace in your "My Workspaces" folder of the "Library" window, you do not get the option to remove the item selected? That would be the easiest step to remove it from your menus.

Edited by Mark Nigro

Unfortunately, that is what I am saying. The option for "Remove Item" is visible, but it is greyed out and I cannot click it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

David

I've noticed that this issue occurs when your library window is set to display as a popover. Try turning this off in the preferences menu, and then open the library window again. When you right-click (or control-click), "remove item" should no longer be grayed out.

Thanks, Matthew! That did the trick! I appreciate the help.

David

Happy to help! Someone helped me with this relatively recently, so the solution was fresh in my mind. :-)