Problems in 10.0.2

Monty Lee

Just installed 10.0.2 and am experiencing some minor problems. Most like the preferences I had previously for 9 have changed in 10, but I cannot find them. Any help would be appreciated.

1. When I select the window for VERSES to enter a verse, it has the default book Genesis in there. Unfortunately in 10 clicking in the window does not clear the entry. I have to remember to double-click to delete the book to enter what I want. Is there a way to get the startup window to display a blank BOOK in the VERSES window?

2. If I type the Verse 1Peter 1:13-16, I get 1Peter 1:13 on... I just want 13-16. Is there a preference to set to give me ONLY the verses I choose?

3. I've added a pane for study below my Scripture (e.g.. Life Application Study Bible). In 10 the text is now centered instead of flush left. Is there a way to change this?

I'm wrestling with a few other nuances that I haven't fully searched the documentation so I'll post those laters if I can't find the answer.

Thanks for any help.

1. I'm having trouble following whats going on here, whats different from version 9, and what you'd like to happen. For instance, when I create a new window, it'll show Genesis (and the rest of the text), but the entry is blank, so I can just click and type. Is this not what you are experiencing?

2. This is the auto context feature in version 10, that you can disable if desired in Preferences -> Search Tabs -> Add automatic context. The idea is that for many users, if they want to see a verse or range of verses, they often want to see that in context of the entire text, like flipping to that page in a printed Bible. So, for those searches we automatically increase the context slider (to the left of the text 'Verse _ of __') to A. If you do want only exactly the verses you type, just turn off the preference.

3. This is also a new feature in version 10 to make text easier to read on wide monitors. If you don't want it to wrap, just go to Preferences -> Appearance and turn off 'Limit Text Width'. Or, try increasing the minimum width to something that works better for you.

1. I'm having trouble following whats going on here, whats different from version 9, and what you'd like to happen. For instance, when I create a new window, it'll show Genesis (and the rest of the text), but the entry is blank, so I can just click and type. Is this not what you are experiencing?

Well I can't run 9, but in 10 what happens for me is that the window opens it does show Genesis text, but in my VERSES bar it says GENESIS. In **MOST** (not all, I recognize that) programs clicking in the selection bar (i.e. the VERSES BAR) would normally automatically put just the cursor there, blanking out any entry. Instead, GENESIS remains and is NOT highlight, meaning anything I type gets appended to GENESIS. I recall in 9 that clicking there erased any entry, allowing me to start fresh. Is that clearer?

2. This is the auto context feature in version 10, that you can disable if desired in Preferences -> Search Tabs -> Add automatic context. The idea is that for many users, if they want to see a verse or range of verses, they often want to see that in context of the entire text, like flipping to that page in a printed Bible. So, for those searches we automatically increase the context slider (to the left of the text 'Verse _ of __') to A. If you do want only exactly the verses you type, just turn off the preference.

Thanks. For the life of me I could not find this preference and had to continually use the slider to get it to what I wanted exactly. Thanks.

3. This is also a new feature in version 10 to make text easier to read on wide monitors. If you don't want it to wrap, just go to Preferences -> Appearance and turn off 'Limit Text Width'. Or, try increasing the minimum width to something that works better for you.

Again, could not find it anywhere. I swear I've been through the preferences a dozen times and just missed this. Just trying to get used to 10.

One new item is the Library window is not "attached" to the display window (appearing when Library is clicked). The problem for me is that it does not seem to remember the open folders (like Tools). I use the window to select the tool I want (or Bible, or whatever). I find myself toggling the library for better text display (since I can't seem to figure out how to move it to another monitor). When I toggle it off and then back on, all the subfolders are now closed. How can I get them to stay open?

Well I can't run 9, but in 10 what happens for me is that the window opens it does show Genesis text, but in my VERSES bar it says GENESIS. In **MOST** (not all, I recognize that) programs clicking in the selection bar (i.e. the VERSES BAR) would normally automatically put just the cursor there, blanking out any entry. Instead, GENESIS remains and is NOT highlight, meaning anything I type gets appended to GENESIS. I recall in 9 that clicking there erased any entry, allowing me to start fresh. Is that clearer?

Thanks. For the life of me I could not find this preference and had to continually use the slider to get it to what I wanted exactly. Thanks.

Again, could not find it anywhere. I swear I've been through the preferences a dozen times and just missed this. Just trying to get used to 10.

One new item is the Library window is not "attached" to the display window (appearing when Library is clicked). The problem for me is that it does not seem to remember the open folders (like Tools). I use the window to select the tool I want (or Bible, or whatever). I find myself toggling the library for better text display (since I can't seem to figure out how to move it to another monitor). When I toggle it off and then back on, all the subfolders are now closed. How can I get them to stay open?

post-746-0-88467100-1347506588_thumb.jpg

If you hit tab, Accordance will highlight the grayed out text (or word in word search mode) so you can type your new desired reference. The new entry with be black until you hit return (then the new reference will become gray).

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta