User Customized Daily Reading Plans

JesusIsLord

Hi all,

I think it would be cool to be able to formulate our own reading plans. For example I want to read the New Testament through every three months, but minus Revelations. So I choose all the other books of the N.T. and choose three months. Click a button and my reading plan is formulated.

I guess there is no limit where it can go. Like add a proverb and a psalm a day....

I love this software and the service is second to none! Thanks Accordance team!!!

I have a reading plan I have been using for years that takes me through Psalms and Proverbs twice, the NT twice (reading Gospels-Acts and Epistles-Revelation simultaneously) and the rest of the OT once (starting in Genesis and working through to Malachi, skipping Psalms & Proverbs, of course). I have the plan in Numbers. All pericopes start off in bold. When I've reading them, I "unbold" them and convert to italics - makes it easy to see where I've been.

This may not be a built in Accordance feature, but it is very workable in the meantime.

I am unable to attach it, but if anyone is interested and has Numbers, I can email a copy. I have three versions with identical reading plans, but in different colors (blue, green, and rose). When I begin a new year, I rename the file for the year, e.g. "2012 Bible Reading Plan."

I, too, love Accordance. It was great at Accordance 5, and just keeps getting better.

Hi Julie,

why don't you upload it to the Accordance Exchange, or email it to me and I will put it up? It's precisely the reason the exchange is there. It's been pretty quiet lately. We could do with some fresh input! Thanks!!!

I'll IM you my email

Ken,

BTW I live in Brisbane.

Didn't see you at the Accordance seminar a couple of weeks ago at St Francis' college - did I?

No Ken, I didn't realize there was one going on. Need to stay more aware of the seminars:-(

Yep. If you want to IM me your email I will put you on the invitation list for my next trip up north.

The ability to create and track reading plans would be a great asset to Accordance. I don't use standard reading plans anymore, I roll my own and follow it via software.

As a shameless personal plug, I put together a website where Bible reading plans can be created: http://www.enscriptured.com/ - the site is pretty much just a toy and has its share of glitches, but it could help someone trying to create a plan to pull into Accordance. I keep saying I'll someday do more with the site but that remains in the realm of the unknown future.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would add my voice to the interest in the ability to upload customized daily reading plans (or to create them inside of Accordance?).

I enthusiastically welcome customizable reading plans. I've had to continue to use another program for this function until it becomes a feature in Accordance and am looking forward to the opportunity, It encourages adding other resources when you can read them on your ipad or iPhone, the value of individual volumes increases when you can pace through it, highlight and take notes. As a part of customization, it is also important to have ability to "catch up to here", or "adjust plan from here" by date, when customizing.

D. A. Carson's daily devotional "For the Love of God" has been released for free as a PDF and is published on his blog over at The Gospel Coalition (http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/loveofgod/). I wrote a small script to download the entire year and put it into an HTML file so it could be imported into Accordance. Beyond Accordance not recognizing all Scripture references automatically and it choking on a few unicode characters, the import as a user tool works great. I would love to have the ability to turn it into a proper reading plan.