Public Roadmap / Feature Voting

Joshua Poehls

There a lot of great feature requests here, many of which are ones that I also want. Forums aren't a good way to track feature requests IMO.

• There is no way to know what is being worked on already. Transparency serves many purposes including increasing confidence in the app, exciting users, and saving users the time of suggesting features that are already accepted.
  • Difficult to see which features have the most 'votes'. This makes it hard for the developers to prioritize according to community demand.
  • Difficult to find features to vote for. This makes it hard for the community to back existing feature requests instead of making a duplicate request. Likewise it create more noise for the developers to sort through.

With this in mind I'd really like to see two things.

1. More transparency regarding what the team is currently working on. This could be a semi-weekly blog post.
  2. A UserVoice (or similar) site for suggesting and voting for features instead of the forum.

In my short time trying the app it looks like a great start. I'll be watching for updates to fix some core readability issues (adjustable spacing, better color picker, multiple columns, better page turns) I have but I'm really excited!

While I see your points (and they have been brought up before), the company as a whole does not practice this type of transparency for any platform, because of the possible side-effects: notably vaporware. We do not want to promote something that is not a reality. Now, from time-to-time we will answer direct questions, but this is usually only when we are very sure that said feature or request is very likely to happen. Things can change overnight. For the iOS app, we meet regularly to map out the development schedule, but even when items are agreed upon they can change, or be affected by outside factors sometimes out of our control (like a pending iOS update or hardware release! ;) ).

As far as the means to submit requests that's another issue, and all I can say is that the forum has worked well thus far. As we grow maybe that will change. But, it is another separate discussion and one that would likely detract attention from other items that are probably more important right now.

Thanks for the feedback and support!

In my short time trying the app it looks like a great start. I'll be watching for updates to fix some core readability issues (adjustable spacing, better color picker, multiple columns, better page turns) I have but I'm really excited!

If adjustable spacing means the space between lines of text (= leading), there is a settings preference for that.