Labels in interlinears

Randy Cue

I'm not sure if this is the right sub forum for this, but here goes. I have noticed that when scrolling in an interlinear, the labels on the left side of the window disappear. This happens whether in the traditional interlinear or one I have created. I have included two screen shots to illustrate what I'm talking about. Is there a setting that I am overlooking that will scroll the labels with the text? If not, that sure would be helpful.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

post-31190-0-35274000-1347462135_thumb.png

post-31190-0-16000200-1347462158_thumb.png

Thanks Randy, I hadn't noticed this, but it's definitely there. It's a pity but I can't see a pattern to the lack of labels because as I scroll around labels appear on other verses etc. I think it's a bug, so I will post a link to this in the bug swatters forum.

Thanks again

Thanks Ken.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

This is actually a "feature", not a bug. Rather, its an intentional decision. Unless I'm mistaken, you are only seeing the labels at the head of the verse, rather than on each line. This is mainly because the verse reference provides adequate room to display the row labels without having to offset the other words too much. For other lines, there isn't such a place to safely put the row labels. In your example, 'together' doesn't have a key number, so it looks like there actually would be space, but in most cases there isn't. So, while I understand the desire to be able to see each row label all the time, the decision was made to hide them on non-verse lines to help word alignment. Hope this helps clarify a bit!

This is actually a "feature", not a bug. Rather, its an intentional decision. Unless I'm mistaken, you are only seeing the labels at the head of the verse, rather than on each line. This is mainly because the verse reference provides adequate room to display the row labels without having to offset the other words too much. For other lines, there isn't such a place to safely put the row labels. In your example, 'together' doesn't have a key number, so it looks like there actually would be space, but in most cases there isn't. So, while I understand the desire to be able to see each row label all the time, the decision was made to hide them on non-verse lines to help word alignment. Hope this helps clarify a bit!

Hi Joel,

I understand what you are saying. This "intentional decision" forces one to display the text as single verses if one desires to use the interlinears. That also maybe by design, but that limits study. I cannot be reading a text in paragraph form and go directly to an interlinear. I know that is mitigated some by the "instant details" feature. Again, I hope you see what I am trying to relate.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy