Accordance Services Collection

agapeman

Hello all,

New here, looking for a link to the accordance services collection by Joe Weaks, his link is broken and was wondering if anyone knows where I coulld get the services collection.

Thanks,

Rich

My apologies...

This is the third thread come up here along with some personal messages asking to get them available once more. My excuse is that I wanted to hold off on reposting and release an updated collection with a couple enhancements and test the whole script engine with the new Accordance 10. The new interface of Acc10 has broken some functions.

I'd appreciate receiving reports from current users of what is and isn't working in Acc10. You can post it in this forum topic if you like.

I will see if I can start on this tomorrow, and get a new link up.

Sorry for the delay. I'll post here when they are available.

Well, it took more hours than I anticipated, partially because I added some new functionality based upon the new "New" menu in Accordance 10. The Accordance Script Library is finished. I need to finish compiling the new set of Services and Quicksilver Actions.

Any volunteers to test things out?

Joe, I will be glad to be a tester for you. I really wish Accordance would reward you for your work. In my judgment it is a far superior method than the widget.

By the way, I have continued to use the current services with some measure of success.

Tony,

I'm sending you a download link privately.

I sent you a link, Agapeman

Hey Joe. Should we be putting these in the Exchange (when they are ready and we have gone through our revamp of the Exchange?)

The new Accordance Automation Script Library collection is up.

You can find more info here.

It includes all new Services, all new Quicksilver Actions, and a new Microsoft Word Plugin.

Twas a lot of work, so hope it's useful.

• Like 1

Thanks for this.

I do have a question. I installed a few of the services and with a couple of them i.e. with Accordance Verses NIV11 I get the message "Access for assistive devices is disabled". Do you know what that is about?

David,

This was in the previous documentation I know, so surprised it got left out. You must check "Enable access for Assistive Devices" in System Preferences/Accessibility.

This allows the script library to select menu items and put text in search boxes in Accordance. Explanation here.

OK I got things working. I also noticed that some assume the texts are in the top level of the library.

Thank you very much, Joe. You're doing a great service to all Accordance users!

I recommend Joe's Accordance Services to everyone as an alternative to the Accordance Widget. It is much more stable and functional. I hope that at some point Accordance would implement his services as a part of the Accordance application (and hopefully pay Joe for all his hard work or at least reward him with his choice of modules). He has made it possible for me to finally retire my Online Bible and accompanying "Copy Verses."

The Word plug-in was also a great addition to the set!

Thanks Joe!

• Like 1

You're welcome, Tony. And thanks for the pun, Ruben. I think things are working well. I should have a new video tutorial up in the next day.

Let me add my thanks to the list above. Joe, it's a great bunch of services.

As the new webmaster for the Accordance Exchange, there are a few useful tools over there, and it's worth a look around, though it has been a bit quiet lately. I have posted Joe's collection over there as well. Click here to go the area of the exchange where his collection is hosted.

We'd love more contributions. A strong sharing community helps us all!

I have now posted a full video demonstrating a sampling of what's possible and how to use the Services written to work with Accordance. If you have wondered what all this discussion has been about, this video will help you understand why some folk get excited about such things.

You can find the video here.

Joe-

I think you just made my pastor a very person, and as his tech guy that makes me happy. The tool is the insert verse tool in Word. Probably one of your more simple ones, but looks like it might solve one of his complaints about accordance.

There are some incredible tools here that I think just made Accordance a more usable and more valuable tool than it already is.

Thank you for your expertise and dedication!

Todd Mogilner

Todd,

Glad to hear. The VBA Word script can be customized, as well, if it's not exactly what you want.

Joe

Joe,

Along with everyone else, I extend my thanks to you for the great work you have done.

As a new user of the services, I was wondering if it is possible to have the query script insert the verses in a different format. Specifically, I am wondering if there is a way to have it put the verse reference in a different location. Is that a function of how Accordance handles verse references for exports? Is there a way to set it in Accordance (or somewhere else) so that the full reference is given after the verses, rather than an abbreviated verse reference before the verses?

In Christ,

Bret Hicks

Joe,

Thank you so much for these tools. This will make my working with Accordance even better than it already is! I love this program and the addition of these tools makes it even better. Thanks again.

Tim

Hi Bret,

to do what you want in Accordance, I would recommend using "copy as citation". I am not sure how this works with Joe's scripts.

e.g. 'Βίβλος γενέσεως Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ υἱοῦ Δαυὶδ υἱοῦ Ἀβραάμ.' (Matthew 1:1 GNT-T)

You can set how this works in the accordance preferences.

post-29509-0-89764000-1349582408_thumb.png

Edited by Ken Simpson

Ken is on target. My scripts can do a normal copy, or a copy as citation. (this is just like the Accordance Widget, too)

So, you can alter your copy as citation format just as Ken has mentioned, and that's what will be used (as long as the Service or Script is set to copyAsCitation).

Joe

Ken and Joe,

I understand the difference between copy and copy as citation, and have the proper settings in copy as citation. How do I make the service use the copy as citation instead of normal copy function? When I do the "Insert Query Verses" it just asks for which verse(se) I want - not whether I want copy of copy as citation. How do I choose copy as citation?

In Christ,

Bret