Analysis original language search back doesn't work

Ken Simpson

Hi,

I opened my ESVS and searched for [KEY 4102] which worked fine. I then did an analysis which worked fine. When I select any of the greek items (in this case πίστις) and right click, then search in GNT-T I get this error

post-29509-0-37764400-1349425685_thumb.jpg

I definitely selected the Greek word, and definitely asked Accordance to search in GNT-T.

When I switched to Hebrew, with [KEY H4102] I get a different error when I search in HMT-T

post-29509-0-40178400-1349425809_thumb.jpg

Seems like unexpected behaviour to me

Have you tried selecting the key number, not the lemma?

Yep - nothing happens at all...

At least I don't get strange errors I guess. :)

Edited by Ken Simpson

Ah hah! This is an interesting bug/oversight in Smart Amplify from the Analysis window. If you were to select the key number and search ESVS (what I thought you were doing at first), it would do the Smart Amplify search. Same if you selected the key number and did a different english text. But, since greek words aren't used in english texts, it didn't like using the greek word for the smart amplify.

So, the workaround is to hold the Shift key. This overrides the Smart Amplify and does a direct search. The bug is that Accordance should be smart enough to know that if you selected a greek word going to a greek resource, you clearly aren't trying to do smart amplfy.

Hope this clarifies it!

Hi Joel,

Excellent - didn't know about the shift key trick!

But I agree as well. I think Accordance should be smart enough to work it out.

Thanks!

Problem.

If I hold the shift key as I click in the lemma, nothing happens. I don't get a drop-down at all. And if I hold it down after I get the drop-down, I get the same error - language not used &c...

Sorry Joel...