text line spacing

Marco79

Greetings everyone,

I recently updated to 9.6.6 on the mac. and now the text lines look double spaced. Is there a way to reduce it back as it was? I like fitting more text in the window so I don't have to scroll down often when I am reading.

Thank you

Marco

While the text you want to fix is active, click Command+T. This will open a dialogue for the documents formatting. Move the slider bar under "line spacing" to adjust as you wish. To make this the default line spacing for the text you have adjusted, click the use as default button.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help.

Although the slider bar doesn't say line spacing. It says "Leading". I thought it had something to do with the reference since it says "references" on the the top of the dialog box on the right side. And I had no idea what 6% to 100% would mean at the "Leading" sliding bar?

Thanks again for your help.

Edited by Marco79

Sorry, for clarity the name 'Leading' was changed to 'Line Spacing' in version 10, which is what I assume Fr. Rich is using. The % in the leading is how much of the line do you want as extra space. So, 0% leading means the lines are right up against each other, 50% means that there is an extra half-line height in between lines, and 100% has a full extra line space, equivalent to being "double spaced".