Triple Click to BDB that works

Enoch

I was just attempting to look at sin -- I mean at the Hebrew / Greek words for sin (not that I wished to indulge). In Genesis I came upon חטאת.

So I triple-clicked & got HALOT's profound definition, = "sin." So, thinking that BDB might have something more definitive, I attempted to activate BDB, but instead of going to חטאת, it went to the title page of BDB. Now I can't believe that BDB doesn't have an entry for חטאת.

Thus, I should like to request that Accordance add this feature: When a Hebrew word is highlighted and one activates BDB, Accordance takes you right away to that word in BDB.

Thanks.

Another feature I request is that the word processor for this forum not change the font & color after one pastes a word from Accordance in the text on the forum.

It sounds as if you simply opened BDB rather than amplifying to it. If you select a Hebrew word and double-click BDB in the Library, Accordance will simply open BDB to the title page. If, however, you click the Amplify button that appears to the right when you hover over BDB in the Library, Accordance will look up the selected word in BDB. Alternatively, you can select a Hebrew word and then choose BDB from the Hebrew Tools submenu of the Amplify button on the toolbar.

Edited by David Lang

And one could also set up multiple lexicons, each using the LINK command to reference back to the preferred lexicon. This is how I do my NT word studies. A triple click goes to my instance of BDAG, and then Louw-Nida is in a separate tab tied to BDAG using the LINK command so that whatever word is opened in BDAG is automatically opened in Louw-Nida.

In Christ,

Bret