1984 G/K wanted

arcanemuse

I am not sure where to put this but I want to buy your 1984 version NIV with G/K. First, I truly dislike this new thing they put out and secondly, my newly purchased ZEB module has broken links in it that currently will only work with some magical component of this called NIV Hebrew and most likely there is an NIV Greek too. If you have this, I will give you a reasonable sum of money for it and come over to your house and make you choco chip cookies and then bathe your cat. You would be wise to pass on the cookies, my cooking is horrible and your cat will hate you forever after I get done giving the poor thing a bath. However, my cash is good and I'm more than happy to pay you and whatever it is that Accordance wants to transfer the license. I guess if you had upgraded from 1984, and got the free upgrade deal, you would have to pay for the current version. The money I give you for the old one will be very handy to pay for the new one. :-) I'll throw in another 20 for your troubles. That should pay for a lot of cookies or perhaps a bath for your cat at the groomer. ;-)

We should have an update to the ZEB within days. We plan to link the G/K numbers to the Mounce Greek and KM Hebrew Dictionaries that are included with version 10. We appreciate your bringing this to our attention.

• Like 2

The update to ZEB is posted, though Accordance may not "see" it for a few minutes. Please let us know if you find any other issues with it.

• Like 1

Fantastic! Thanks for all of your efforts and hard work! The links now open up a new tab in Kohlenberger/Mounce now. I would still like to buy the NIV 84! Anyone?

NIV 1984 is not legal to sell by most companies. That being said if you find an old CDROM with them it is legal to buy, same as purchasing anything made previously. Study-Bible-Complete-Library-Macintosh has it and a few other good Zondervan resources.

Zondervan Essential

Bible Study Suite is the latest one.

-Dan

PS:I know there had been some CD's of a later zondervan library still available from Accordance but i am guessing they are all gone now.

Edited by DWFrancis
  • Like 2

Dan, I found that same one a while back and bought it for a missionary friend. I think it's the cheapest one out there, given the seller offers it at a reasonable price.

Does that have the G/K in it? Hard to see there if that contains it or not.

Both most definitely do come with the G/K NIV 1984, although I see Essential does not mentioned explicitly other than the dictionaries (very simple ones) being included.

-Dan

• Like 1

The Rejoice software link is bogus. They don't have it. I'll go with the other one, the first one you listed. It is available from private sellers and I should be able to get it free with Discover reward points. Bonus! Thank you!

I am sorry to hear that… but I do know that it is the nature of the internet… lots of stores list everything under the sun, and when things run out too lazy to take down a page, I have personally seen things I know are unavailable for over a decade listed at places as available to order if you go ahead you get an email telling you the supplier no longer has it. It's true enough places like amazon keep place holders open but they at least tell you when something is not available from their sources.

-Dan

I ordered it from a guy in CA. He says he will ship tomorrow... or I should say later today. Since I applied for and received the in-house credit card from Amazon, they took another 10 bucks off the order, so with the shipping... final cost to me out of pocket was 1.38 from that link you gave me on Amazon! The complete library actually looked better anyway so it is good that it worked out like it did. Thanks again! :-)

Dan & arcanemuse -

I actually ordered from Rejoice, but got an email back later that said it was no longer available. Why don't they take it off their site? It would save them some annoyance.

The only used copy I saw on Amazon was nearly $2000. If a person has money to burn, you can get it from Abe's Books for only $2916. Abe has the gall to then ask you for $3.99 for shipping.

How did you find the reasonably priced copy? Are there any more? Link?

The ones on Amazon have most of the same books (the TNIV and NIrV) are not on there. The ancient installer should not be a concern, as the files are not protected in a need to be unlocked. Buying used CD's are ok but if the person has not stopped using it technically it is an illegal purchase. That little warning given, it is likely your best bet to get the majority of the files from the later CDROM.

-Dan

I got the complete study Bible one. You can't find the Essentials disk ANYWHERE. Trust me, I have tried. I paid 54 or whatever it was, with the shipping. It has a few good things on there like the abridged 2 volume expositors and as Dan said, it does indeed have the G/K. I bet there are some other cool things on there. This guy isn't using it anymore. He's in the ministry and is a PC Logos user. I'm not entirely sure that he ever did use it. I never knew that this package existed until Dan mentioned it. I knew about the Essentials and there was another older one that was much more limited than this one here that was, I believe, even older. It is supposed to go out in the mail today so first part of the week I should see it and find out for myself. I shall post the results of my install here.

If you locate the files on the disk dropping them on the accordance icon should add them into your library. I wish i could be more help on the install but the discs i have are buried so deep I do not want to dig them out unless you really need help… and quite possibly one of the Accordance people may have a CD handy to confirm the best way to install them, but if you can't get help from them let me know i will dig it out and i will provide you detailed instructions on getting the files working for you.

-dan

What I plan to do is use an old G4 powerbook running Accordance 9 . It has Tiger and OS 9 on it. I'll just run the installers so that they will register with Accordance. The only other way to prove to them I actually own the disk is to take a picture of it and email it in. I have to get the resources into my library and available for Easy Install somehow. I've done this with another older product before. By installing them on the older machine, part of the process runs this registration thing that phones home to Accordance with all the details. It should work pretty well, I imagine. I was just hoping to pay somebody for their 1984 G/K in their library and a transfer fee but this actually will turn out even better. :-) I bought and paid for an Accordance 8 DVD from a retailer holding old stock thinking I would have had the NIV on there and could use it. That didn't work out so well. I did, however, gain Scholar's Standard level with it. Here's hoping that this works out well. If it does, Dan, I'll have to set you up with a steak dinner if you are ever in the Tacoma WA area. :-)

What I plan to do is use an old G4 powerbook running Accordance 9 . It has Tiger and OS 9 on it. I'll just run the installers so that they will register with Accordance.

I would recommend installing the modules manually. All you need to do is double-click and they will automatically be installed to the appropriate location. If for some reason they have lost the file association with Accordance you can drag them to the Accordance dock icon (or use Joe Weaks' droplet to repair the association).

To register the product you should be able to email customer service and provide proof of purchase (but check with them to verify the process).

I tried that before and had it ask me for a code that I didn't have. But when I ran the installer, it shot the info straight home to roost. They were able to find it easily and it was rather painless to get it into my library after that. I'll get the old laptop fired up and ready to go. I should also have the digital camera ready to rock so I can shoot a picture of the cd if need be and email it. Once I get somebody on the phone, I am not letting them go until we "git 'er done". Should be quick and painless. If they think the installer is the way to fly... should only take a couple of minutes to run it through and have it show up on the other side. Monday, Tuesday or if things go REALLY wrong with the USPS, Wednesday... and I'll be able to have my grubby little mitts on the disk. Hopefully Mr. Mailman shows up by 2:30. That will give me only a half hour window of time to dive for the phone and call. The buzzer goes off at 3 PM here. Before I do anything, I will call and ask them how they wish me to do it first.

I got the cd today and called at the last minute since the mailman was a bit behind today. I got it all in easy install and I'm up and running. This is a very old version of Accordance... 4.3 and you can't just open the modules. I have one problem and not sure how to go about getting it fixed. The NIV Greek and NIV Hebrew failed to install. The G/K gives you nothing at all in the instant details when you hold down the command key. Triple clicking also does not work. Trying to open the files on the cd is a big fail as the version is so old. Does anyone know how I can get the NIV Greek and NIV Hebrew installed?

Just got the disk out ALL files are uncompressed sitting in the root cd directory called modules.. drop them on accordance...

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Texts/GNT-NA

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Texts/HMT-C

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Texts/KJV

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Texts/NAS95

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Texts/NASB

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Texts/NIV Notes

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Texts/NIV-G:K

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Texts/NRSV

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Texts/NRSV - Read me first

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Texts/NRSV Notes

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Texts/NRSV2

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Texts/NRSV2 Notes

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Tools/Bible Difficulties

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Tools/Bible Words

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Tools/NIV Commentary

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Tools/NIV Concordance

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Tools/NIV Concordance Read Me

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Tools/NIV Dictionary

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Tools/NIV Greek

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Tools/NIV Hebrew

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Tools/NIV Nave’s

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Tools/NIV Place Names

Volumes/NIV Study Complete/Modules/Tools/NIV Study Bible

Edited by DWFrancis

You might have a newer version. I fixed it. Everything was good but those two files. What I did was this. First I got my ollllllld iBook running 9.2. Then I downloaded 6.92. Then I installed from the cd and got 4.3. I dragged the 6.92 into that folder and fired it up. It did something to the modules so that the version 8 I had on there was able to read it. I couldn't get the two files over to my iMac from the old iBook so I networked them over to the G4 Powerbook and then was able to network in from the other end on the iMac. End result was that I managed to get the NIV Greek and Hebrew working. Triple click works now. All happy. I could not open the module files on the cd with 10. They had to be morphed by 6.92 first. End result is that it all works. Hitting command with a mouseover now gives me NIV Hebrew (or Greek) and the ZEB in the box. I only wish now that the ZEB references were able to also point to the NIV Hebrew and Greek but as I recall I wanted that fixed in the first place.... how ironic... :lol::P

Just glad you got it working I wasn't aware there had been multiple editions of it.

-Dan