Expanded Ability to Copy Instant Details

Enoch

I just discovered something: One cannot do a copy of Instant Details off of BDAG. When one activates "copy as," the menu has the Instant Details copy function greyed out. It would be nice to be able to copy whatever is in Instant Details.

To copy any Instant Details, press shift to freeze the details, and click the Copy button on the panel of the ID pane itself.

• Like 1

Thanks, Helen. I had no idea this could be done.

Just in addition to this, if you set the ID to be a popover with option-click, you can just copy it by clicking the pasteboard icon without holding shift. You can also CMD-OPT-Click for the amplify resource to appear in the popover, and again use the pasteboard to copy it. But it won't copy as a citation (so it will not have page information if the resource contains it)

I just discovered something: One cannot do a copy of Instant Details off of BDAG. When one activates "copy as," the menu has the Instant Details copy function greyed out. It would be nice to be able to copy whatever is in Instant Details.

Enoch,

The reason the Instant Details menu item is greyed out is that you do not have an Instant Details "zone" open. So, without an Instant Details "zone" open then you will need to follow Ken's advice (command-option-click and click the copy icon in the Instant Details popover).

BTW, Joel just added the ability to "copy as > Instant Details" without an Instant Details "zone" open and this feature should be in the next revision of Accordance (10.1.1).

Mike

Edited by Mike Garrity