Moving Accordance 10 to a new Mac

Bret Hicks

I am moving to a new MacBook Pro, and it has been a mess. (Migration Assistant and Time Machine did not work and restore things, so it has been a manual go of things....)

I have Accordance running, and I think I copied my files correctly, but my normal workspaces are not showing up when I click the "workspaces" button in the toolbar, and they are not listed under favorites in the library. They are actually on the machine, and if I double click them, they open properly, but obviously something is not copied into the right place, since they are not showing up in these places. What do I need to do to get them back?

Also, is there anything else I will need to copy over? I have copied the use/documents/accordance files as well as the /library/application support/accordance folders. Is there anything else?

In Christ,

Bret

The big missing folder is your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences folder. This maintains a lot of your other information, including which workspaces are saved as your favorites. You can copy that one over, or re-add your workspaces by opening them up and doing Add Workspace from the Workspaces toolbar or Add button on the Library.

That did it - thanks!

In Christ,

Bret

Bret - I also save my Workspaces in the Accordance Files in my Documents folder. That makes it easy for me to move it between my computers.

Julie,

Do you save them in BOTH places? Do you just occasionally manually copy them over? Or do you have Accordance set to use the ones in your documents folder?

In Christ,

Bret