Where is the file for the...

Matt Fredenburg

Hi, I recently did an update of all of my Accordance modules (I'm running version 9.6.6) and now when I attempt to open any of my workspaces I get prompted with a dialog asking me where certain files that are referenced by the workspace are located. After much tinkering around, here's what I've been doing to rectify the situation:

1. I double-click on my NTResources workspace
  2. A dialog pops up asking me "Where is the file for the "Apologetics Study Bible" text?"
    • The path is Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Tools
    • I can see a grayed-out 'Apologetics Study Bible.atool' file in the list, but I cannot click on it

[*]Because the dialog won't let me select the file I need to, I click the 'Cancel' button on the dialog.

[*]I then navigate to the Library panel and

• Expand Reference Tools
  • Right-click on Apologetics Study Bible
  • Click 'Remove Item'
  • Select 'OK' in the dialog which pops up asking "Are you sure you want to delete these items?"
  • Click on the 'Add New Modules' button at the bottom of the Library panel
  • Click on the 'Apologetics Study Bible.atool' file (this time it is not grayed out) in the dialog which pops up
  • Select 'Open'
  • The dialog asking me to add modules reopens for some reason, so I click 'Cancel'

[*]I then return to step 1 and proceed to the next module which Accordance has determined does not exist.

Two questions:

Why does this happen almost every time I do an update to my modules?

Is there a way to streamline this rather tedious and time-consuming process?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Matt

Edited by Matt Fredenburg

This should not be happening at all. I suspect you have two copies of the Accordance folder. The only way for us to understand what is happening is to screenshare via Skype or iChat. You are welcome to send me contact information via email or a Private Message.