Change location for user files

Anthony Pyles

I'm fairly certain this question or one similar has been asked before, so I apologize in advance if it's been answered. I couldn't find it after some searching.

When I installed Accordance just now on an old iMac that I use occasionally, it asked me to specify the location for user files (highlights, notes, etc.) Hooray! I thought, so I told it to put them in my Dropbox folder. But now, is there a way to change the location where I have them stored on my macbook (which I use more often) to Dropbox/Accordance Files (rather than User/Documents/Accordance Files where they are presently stored)?

(I realize I would run the risk of creating conflicts if I ran things on both computers at the same time.)

Thanks in advance,

Tony

• Like 1

This is easy! Just move or rename your existing Accordance Files folder on your macbook. When you next run Accordance, it should ask you where to put them - select the folder you want your user files to be in (Not the Accordance Files themselves! The folder containing that folder.)

• Like 1

Great! Looks like it worked. I'll do a little work on this computer, then that, etc. to confirm it's working smoothly.

Joel, it looks like Google Drive works much the same as Dropbox does?

I copied my whole "Accordance Files" folder over to Google Drive. Should I now delete the original files (of which I have a copy in G-Drive) from my Documents folder, where they first were?

Oh, I take that back. Google Drive does not seem to be supported across computers...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been running things this way for a few months and it seems to work fine. Next question is: looks like the Accordance iOS app created its own folder in Dropbox for my notes, Dropbox/Apps/Accordance. Can I move my Accordance files here and have it successfully syncing across all of my devices? I'm skeptical because it looks Accordance created a folder called "Accordance Files" and the iOS app created a folder called "Accordance" so I'm not sure it will work out. Has anyone already tried this?

Thanks,

Tony

I've been running things this way for a few months and it seems to work fine. Next question is: looks like the Accordance iOS app created its own folder in Dropbox for my notes, Dropbox/Apps/Accordance. Can I move my Accordance files here and have it successfully syncing across all of my devices? I'm skeptical because it looks Accordance created a folder called "Accordance Files" and the iOS app created a folder called "Accordance" so I'm not sure it will work out. Has anyone already tried this?

Thanks,

Tony

Mac v. 10.2 will be an official dropbox client, and at that time we will officially support syncing of user data (notes, highlights, tools) across devices. Until then you're free to use alternate methods, but are on your own for official support.

I hope this helps to explain things.

Edited by Rick Bennett
  • Like 1

Hello Everyone just need a little help:

I am trying to install accordance 9 and I am told that the settings file "General" has been created with a newer version of Accordance and cannot be opened.

How can i resolve this program because i cant seem to find this file being referred to?

thanks

Dr Phillip

Please call or email our tech support? It sounds like you may already have run version 10, but anyway, they will sort it out for you.

Just wanted to give props to tech support--they're walking me through this, too. Great customer service!

EDIT: Oops. Meant to post that here.

Edited by AbramKJ