Bookmark and Highlighting Lists?

Matt Ātack

If this feature already exists please let me know where to find it! I searched all over the help section.

Accordance has a great highlighting feature. I love the ability to create and customize different highlighting formats. For instance, I have a style dedicated to texts that I have a question about/want to study in depth at a later date. I have a style dedicated to Purpose Statements ("For my name's sake I defer my anger," "to the praise of the glory of His grace," etc).

Is there a way then (and if not I'm requesting it) to view all highlights for a particular text or module?

For instance, with my Nook I can view a list of all highlights for an entire book and a separate list of all bookmarks. This way if I'm reading through a lengthy work of Jonathan Edwards or John Owen and highlight multiple sections I can view them in a list format, put in order of page number. Then if I click on one of the highlights it links me directly to the highlighted section in its context.

This would be amazing! We all know how cumbersome it is to find something we highlighted in a paperbound book! And if we could access a list of all our highlights and sort them according to our highlighting styles that would be even better!

I would also like to see a list of bookmarks. This is important for Modules such as The Complete Works of Jonathan Edwards, where I might be reading from multiple different places over the course of several months and have no real way of quickly accessing where I left off in a particular sermon or treatise.

Imagine the possibilities!

To find all the Highlights in a module, just search for [sTYLE *]. Thats the normal way to search for a specific style, but you can search for the wildcard instead to find *every* highlight.

We definitely have plans to implement a bookmark system, but thanks for the additional request.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the highlights. Is there any way for the time being that I can view my bookmarks?

• 2 months later...

We definitely have plans to implement a bookmark system, but thanks for the additional request.

Hi Joel,

Any chance that the Mac bookmarks will sync with iOS?