Timeline Module

jarcher

Is there a way to share timeline user items and lists?

Thanks,

Jeremy

One more question about the timeline module. Is there a way to add a region to the timeline? Basically, my goal is to enter significant individuals, written works, events, and movements of church history into the timeline. Although most of these items will appear within the included regions not all would. Therefore, the ability to add another region would be helpful (but not entirely necessary).

Thanks again!

Jeremy

You can give someone your Timeline settings and User items from the Preferences in your user, but they would have to replace theirs.

You cannot add a region, though you can add a "political period." We actually hope to add early Church History items in the not-too-distant future, but if you want to do the work and share it with us, that would be great.

...but if you want to do the work and share it with us, that would be great.

Helen,

Could this be by commission? Or are you expecting us to share the fruit of our labours simply out of the generosity of our hearts?

This could take a very interesting turn

Could this be by commission? Or are you expecting us to share the fruit of our labours simply out of the generosity of our hearts?

One of the great things about user groups is that they often work for the benefit of the entire group, not just for themselves. In this way, I would like to see more free sharing between users within the Accordance community. After all, most of us are Christians working towards a common goal. In that regard, if I do work on this project it will be done without expectation of payment. I would encourage us all to labor this way, unless you want to make your living as software developer.

Peace,

Jeremy

You can give someone your Timeline settings and User items from the Preferences in your user, but they woulkd have to replace theirs.

You cannot add a region, though you can add a "political period." We actually hope to add early Church History items in the not-too-distant future, but if you want to do the work and share it with us, that would be great.

Helen,

This is another area where a published Accordance AppleScript dictionary would be invaluable. It would be ideal to export and append data from another user. Map data would be a frequent exchange. Timeline data as well.

As practical matter no user is going to want to replace their Timelines settings and User items if they have done any custom work themselves. I see this lack of extensibility as a roadblock to data sharing within the user community.

So again, it seems that OakTree is under incessent pressure to produce modules which, expertise and initiative in the user community, could and would accomplish. Everyone has a million needed module suggestions. ;)

So again, it seems that OakTree is under incessent pressure to produce modules which, expertise and initiative in the user community, could and would accomplish. Everyone has a million needed module suggestions. ;)

My point exactly. Given the tools/more tools/better tools, the more users will create their own user-built add-ons. Timeline. Maps. User Tools. User Notes. Is anyone else drooling in anticipation or is it just me?

~A!

• 5 months later...

As someone who just bought the timeline and atlas modules (I love the December sales! :D ), I, too would like to see both possibility to share user items/layers from the timeline and atlas and the possibility of adding regions to the timeline. In addition to events in Church history, I could would like to add original publication dates for various Bibles (Vulgate editions, Erasmas' Greek text, Luther Bible, Tyndale, Wycliffe, King James, etc.). I'm happy to do that myself (and would make it available to others if it were possible), but to do so I'd like the option of user regions. (Even one or two, with definable subregions would be sufficient).

Archived