Adding an English text from the "New" button

Randy Cue

When I try to add an English text from the "New" menu, I'm told that module does not exist in Accordance. Here is a screen shot.

post-31190-0-95632800-1357830822_thumb.png

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

I've had that happen. Opening the tool from the library pane usually fixes it for me, though I don't know why it happens.

I've had that happen. Opening the tool from the library pane usually fixes it for me, though I don't know why it happens.

Hi Jonathan. I know I can get it to open from the Library pane, but if I close the text and try to reopen it from the New menu it doesn't work. I always have to open it from the Library. All other modules other than English texts open fine from the New button. Strange isn't it. Thanks Jonathan.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

I cannot replicate this. The New button works for me. Not sure why it works for some folks and not others. I do have all my texts arranged by folders (Greek, Hebrew, English, etc).

I have had this problem several times. I've been told that having too many folders and sub-folders in the Accordance Library can sometimes cause erratic behavior. I reduced the number of folders I had and eliminated some sub-sub-folders entirely. The problem disappeared and never returned.

Thanks Dr. J! That worked well. I guess I shouldn't have followed you suggestion to make subfolders for the different types of English texts :D .

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy