Safari Crash while opening some topics on Message Board

I know this has been mentioned before, but it seems to be happening more and more regularly. I will go to one of the topics after selecting "View New Posts", and as the page is loading, Safari will unexpectedly quit.

Is anyone else seeing this? It has always happened once in a great while. But now it seems to be more frequent. My guess is that there is some corruption in an Avatar code, or at least something in the page that causes my browser to quit.

Maybe there is just something corrupted on my machine. Thought I would throw it out and see if anybody else suffers from this issue.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I have had the same problem, it happened just the other day.

So it is not just you.

Maybe it is something new with Safari. I've been experiencing frequent crashes w/ Safari lately (on other websites as well).

Maybe it is something new with Safari. I've been experiencing frequent crashes w/ Safari lately (on other websites as well).

My Safari is not a new update (1.3.2). I am using OSX 10.3.9. I do NOT notice it on other message boards. That is why I bring it up here. Yes, of course Safari can unexpectedly quit from time to time on other websites while loading a webpage, but what I am talking about here is viewing pages on a message board like the one used by Accordance (run by Invision Power Board v2.1.6).

It can be rather bothersome, since all windows and information is lost when Safari quits. Not sure anything can be done about it though .

I do notice out there that there is a version 2.1.7. Maybe that would help??

Tom

It can be rather bothersome, since all windows and information is lost when Safari quits. Not sure anything can be done about it though .

FWIW, a plug for Saft, a Safari shareware extension that, among other things, saves all tabs/windows and restores them (selectively, if you wish) on relaunch.

Thanks for the heads up on the update, Tom. When this topic was first started I checked for an update, so it must have only very recently been released. The forums have thus been updated now, so hopefully that will reduce the number of crashes some.

Archived