Searching within a lexicon entry

Abram K-J

I'm trying to search Jenni-Westermann (TLOT) within an entry for both specific Scripture references (in Genesis) and English content (Abraham), each in turn.

I'm doing it as shown in the attached screen shot. Searching "Abraham" within the entry gives me 2 hits, but only the "Art"/article arrows at bottom left are shown, no "Mark" notation whereby I could go between hits. Not only that, but "Abraham" isn't even highlighted in red after I search it (how it's set in my preferences). The red highlights are functional... but hard to find.

Am I missing something on how to search within given lexicon entries?

Edited by AbramKJ

What is stranger still--I cannot now reproduce the same error, even using the same setup as before.

However, I do show results for "Abraham" as "2 hits" (whether flex or exact), but there is only one result in the entry.

I am not able to reduplicate this issue. I wonder: perhaps restart Accordance and try again.

As far as the number of "hits", do recall that you are posing a boolean argument to Accordance. You're asking whether both conditions (צדק = as entry) and "Abraham" (= in content of entry article) are true. By listing 2 hits, this necessarily has to mean one hit is the hebrew entry and the other is "Abraham."

Edited by James Tucker

By the way, a tip for digging through these lexicons is that you can option click a browser item, which builds a subset of data for your search terms. You can do the same search above—although not necessary for this query—by option clicking צדק and then passing through one argument of "Abraham" in English Content. Accordance returns one hit. This method isn't necessary for this type of search, but if you wanted to add a semantic range of words whose lemma related to the lexis of "right", you could easily search this subset of data thusly.

• Like 1

That is a very cool tip--thanks, James. I had no idea that was possible, but it's a fantastic way to be able to search through a lexicon.

That is a very cool tip--thanks, James. I had no idea that was possible, but it's a fantastic way to be able to search through a lexicon.

I also use it for commentaries, or books, where you only want to search a particular portion or volume.

• Like 1