Resource on Christian Seasons

tebel

I am looking for a resource that will help me to explain to the members of my congregation the meaning of the Christian Seasons. Does anyone know if Accordance offers such a resource? I had a quick look but could not find anything appropriate.

rari

Venite: A Book of Daily Prayer is the only book that might give a brief look, with links in the seasonal prayers giving the briefest of descriptions for the seasons.

-Dan

EDIT PS:I responded to your question with a work that is more in depth, in another forum you posted in, but this prayerbook here may be suitable enough.

Edited by DWFrancis
  • Like 1

The Church of England has a PDF of their published book called times and seasons on their web site which I refer to. I suspect that for accordance resources you want to search their dictionaries for the particular seasons. I have a hard back published by Oxford press on the Christian church so would look at the new international dictionary of the Christian church or the pocket dictionary of church history as starting points but hopefully someone who has these may be able to comment in greater detail.

• 1 month later...

The other resource I use quite a lot is the Oxford dictionary of the Christian church published by Oxford press and edited by F. L. Cross. It's quite expensive in paper format though there are usually second hand copies available. There is also a cheaper consice version.