Changing default dictionary

R Gustason

Newbie question.

How do I change the default dictionary / lexicon when I triple click a word in the KJV bible? Right now it pulls up Strongs, and I'd like to change it to KM Hebrew Dictionary.

Thanks,

Ryan

You hold down the SHIFT key while you click.

Edited by luoar

Go to your library window, and under Hebrew tools, drag KM Hebrew to the top of the list. The first tool (top) is your default. Actually I think if KM is listed before Hebrew Strong's, it will open KM preferentially. Accordance goes to the first appropriate resource in the list.

• Like 1

Sorry, Michael, but the Key number texts do go to specific dictionaries with a triple-click. The top lexicon is used for original language words, but the Key number texts go to their respective dictionaries: KJVS to Strong's, NAS95S to the NAS Greek and Hebrew, old NIV-G/K to the NIV Greek and Hebrew, and all the others now go to the Mounce Greek and KM Hebrew.

However, you can indeed select any word, press shift, and amplify to your desired resource in the Library.

Sorry, Michael, but the Key number texts do go to specific dictionaries with a triple-click. The top lexicon is used for original language words, but the Key number texts go to their respective dictionaries: KJVS to Strong's, NAS95S to the NAS Greek and Hebrew, old NIV-G/K to the NIV Greek and Hebrew, and all the others now go to the Mounce Greek and KM Hebrew.

However, you can indeed select any word, press shift, and amplify to your desired resource in the Library.

When I press shift and triple click on a word in KJVS, it amplifies to Anchor (top of English tools folder). It does not give a list of options. What am I missing.

You amplify to the dictionary of your choice in the Library tab. Each module now has an amplify icon when you mouse over it, and you have a selection in a text pane.

You amplify to the dictionary of your choice in the Library tab. Each module now has an amplify icon when you mouse over it, and you have a selection in a text pane.

So where does the shift key come in?

My bad, this key modifier didn't change in 10: simple amplify looks up the English word, pressing option looks up the original word in the tool you choose in the Library.

Pressing shift on triple-click looks up the English word in the top English dictionary.