LEH oddity

Abram K-J

Clicking command on the highlighted word (in attached) gives me something strange in Instant Details--it should give me the LEH entry as shown in the bottom right zone of my screen. Any ideas? Just a bug?

I don't have LXXG-ISA but I can replicate this problem with just LXX-Tagged and LEH. Strange numbers appear in the instant details for quite a few entries and are also found in a different form when LEH is opened to that text.

Edited by luoar
  • Like 1

I'm curious about this, then. It looks like LEH in Accordance is version 2.2, so that means some updates were already made, right?

I remember seeing some wonky behavior in LEH in BibleWorks some time ago, so I wonder if it's something with the etext that was provided? Either way, I'm not clear why you would see the entry correctly in its own zone/tab, but not in Instant Details.

My best understanding of this is the nature to how LEH is formatted. At the head, it has this 'Lay-Out' section that contains copies of 7 or so of the entries found later in the tool. The problem is that these entries were tagged the same way as the rest of the tool (the greek words are 'Greek Entry', specifically) so Accordance finds them when trying to look up the definition of the words. However, what Accordance really cares about in Instant Details is the relevant article. For some reason, the entire Lay-Out section was considered one article, with many greek entries. This is unlike the rest of the tool that is one entry per article.

So, to me this is a quirk in how the tool was rendered - either these entries need to be individual articles, or they need to not be marked as actual greek entries.

Hopefully someone on the module development team can confirm or shed more light into this.

• Like 1

However, I don't think that the numbers Raoul mentioned are an error... they're statistics for the usage of the word in the Greek Bible. The first number is the number of occurrences in the Pentateuch; the second, in the Former Prophets (including 1-2 Chronicles); the third, in the Latter Prophets; the fourth, in the Writings; the fifth, in the books of the Greek Bible without a Hebrew equivalent. The last number is the total. The introduction to LEH explains this in more detail.