Keep Highlight Function Locked?

Mutien Chen

When I am reading the bible, I found it might be really handy if the highlight function can be locked.

It means that if I would like to highlight any sentence of the modules, I just click and drag through the sentence I would like to highlight, then it will be highlighted by the highlighting style I lock, instead of click which style I prefer or the shortcut of highlighting. This will save a move, and add some speed in reading mode. Are there any possibilities to do this at current version?

Best Regards,

Mutien

• Like 1

I don't know of a function exactly like what you've described, but Cmd+8 will repeat the most recently used highlight, so you can select the desired text and then just hit the shortcut key. I use this a lot and it's pretty quick.

• Like 2

Thanks, I am also using Cmd+8. For what I describe, it would be like using a pen drawing on the text book by using the gesture of Mac OS. It's always nicer to be simple during the vast reading. :)

• Like 1

Nice tip, Jonathan--thanks! I like mutien's idea, though it occurs to me that if such a feature were enabled, you couldn't simply select text (without also highlighting it) for other tasks, such as copying into a document, etc. But that would be a nice feature for the future, if there's not already some way of doing it.

• 7 months later...

And I think it would be great to set up different highlight. This will definitely help analyze the context. If the highlight style can be copied and apply by paste will be also great!

When I am reading the bible, I found it might be really handy if the highlight function can be locked.

It means that if I would like to highlight any sentence of the modules, I just click and drag through the sentence I would like to highlight, then it will be highlighted by the highlighting style I lock, instead of click which style I prefer or the shortcut of highlighting. This will save a move, and add some speed in reading mode. Are there any possibilities to do this at current version?

Best Regards,

Mutien

Ha! I can't believe this post. I have thought of this soooo many times when I'm doing 'long readings' as you describe when i just use my 'main' highlight function... "I just wish I could highlight the word/sentence/phrase (either mac way or dragging your finger on iOS) and have it highlighted for me... just like kindle does... or Kobo. When you drag your finger across and 'highlight' the text it automatically sets it as a highlight in whatever colour you've chosen. And it's not that you're doing away with the other highlighting styles/colours (which I love), it's just that for ordinary reading it gets frustrating having to select your type every single time.

So Mutien, thanks for wording this so well and bringing this up!

What about if while pressing on a key while highlighting it would apply the chosen highlighter? That wayBy just selecting a key before we start highlighting we apply different highlighters. That way we get what Mutien suggest while avoiding what Abram points out.

Edited by davidmedina