Error message - NIV Greek is not installed - when using Grudem

Bret Hicks

When I try to click on a hyperlink in Grudem to bring up a Greek definition (for example the hyperlink G1436), I get an error "The Hyperlink cannot be shown because the module 'NIV Greek' is not installed." I have a lot of original language stuff, but am unfamiliar with this module. IN fact, I searched for it in the store, but no module with that name was returned as a result. Is this an error? Is there such a module? Is there a way that I can tell it to to to the G/K number or Strongs number instead?

Just for clarity, I own not only BDAG, USB Lexicon, Louw & Nida, etc. - I also own and have installed and available Mounce's Greek Dictionary, the Key Dictionary of Greek NT, Greek Strong's Dictionary. I also own the NIV with the G/K numbers. Exactly what am I missing?

In Christ,

Bret

At the time that Grudem Theology was released, our only lexicons with GK numbers were the NIV Greek and NIV Hebrew dictionaries which accompanied the NIV-G/K text in certain CD-ROMs. So these links are hard-coded to those dictionaries, and they won't link to anything else, nor can you amplify from them. However, if you select the original word, you can amplify to any lexicon of that language. The KM Hebrew and the Mounce Greek dictionaries, which everyone with Accordance 9 or 10 should have, include the GK numbers so that you can verify that this is the correct word. If you make these your top resources in each language, a triple-click on the word will amplify to that dictionary.

We should reformat Grudem to link to these dictionaries, but in the meantime, I hope this workaround will help, though it is less convenient than clicking the link.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

FYI--I know this thread is a bit dated, but in a Webinar today there was a user who was having and asked about the same issue Bret described. I pointed him here for the workaround.

Thank you Abram  :)

Helen, do you know if the reformatting of Grudem was ever completed?  If not, how do I request for this be done?

Blessings,

Woody

Just saw this post and fixed the module. Update should be available today or tomorrow at the latest.

• Like 2

It would have been even faster if he had gotten his downstream person to do her job quicker :) Go ahead and Check for Updates.

• Like 3